Study Abroad Advising
If these hours do not work for your schedule, please contact [email protected] to arrange an alternative meeting.
Online Advising Hours
Monday: 10 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 10 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 10 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 10 am - 4 pm
Friday: 10 am - 4 pm
Walk-In Advising Hours
Location: 130 Lake Ontario Hall
Monday: 9 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 9 am - 12pm, 1pm - 4 pm
Wednesday: 9 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 9 am - 4 pm
Friday: 9 am - 4 pm
We are available for online advising appointments every weekday 9 am - 4 pm. To make an online advising appointment, please follow the Step-by-Step Breakdown below:
2. Once you have booked your appointment, expect to be contacted via email by a Peer Adviser who will be facilitating your appointment.
3. On the day and time of the appointment, log into your GVSU Gmail account and await a Zoom link from [email protected]. This request will arrive approximately 5 minutes before your appointment time.
4. Once you have received the request from [email protected], click the Zoom link and give access to your camera and microphone (if desired). The Peer Adviser will be able to instruct you from here and will advise you virtually.
ONLINE ADVISING TIPS:
- Have a pen and pencil handy for taking notes.
- Prepare engaging questions and your goals for Study Abroad prior to the appointment.
- Be in a quiet environment that allows you to hear and be heard.
- Remain attentive throughout the session (put the phone away!)
- Keep in mind the possible technological difficulties (such as lagging and disconnection) and be prepared to follow directions from the Peer Adviser facilitating your session.
We are also available for Walk-In Advising during our Walk-In Hours: Weekdays 9 am - 4 pm.
For a Walk-In Appointment, simply stop by our office (130 Lake Ontario Hall) and let a Peer Adviser know that you are looking to be advised!
Office of Fellowships Advising
A representative from the Office of Fellowships is available for walk-in advising at Padnos International Center Fridays 1 pm - 4 pm. If you are interested in any nationally competitive study abroad scholarships, such as the IIE Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship, please stop into our office during this time or contact [email protected] for more information.