LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Study Abroad Advising
Due to the nature of GVSU's hybrid format, we have adjusted our hours to include both virtual and in-person walk-in advising. Please refers to our hours and scheduling steps for more information.
If these hours do not work for your schedule, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternative meeting.
Online Advising Hours
Monday: 9 am - 5 pm
Tuesday: 9 am - 5 pm
Wednesday: 9 am - 7 pm
Thursday: 9 am - 5 pm
Friday: 9 am - 5 pm
Walk-In Advising Hours
Monday: 9 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 9 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 9 am - 6 pm
Thursday: 9 am - 4 pm
Friday: 9 am - 4 pm
We are available for online advising appointments every weekday 9 am - 4 pm. To make an online advising appointment, please follow the Step-by-Step Breakdown below:
2. Once you have booked your appointment, expect to be contacted via email by a Peer Adviser who will be facilitating your appointment.
3. On the day and time of the appointment, log into your GVSU Gmail account and await a Zoom link from email@example.com. This request will arrive approximately 5 minutes before your appointment time.
4. Once you have received the request from firstname.lastname@example.org, click the Zoom link and give access to your camera and microphone (if desired). The Peer Adviser will be able to instruct you from here and will advise you virtually.
ONLINE ADVISING TIPS:
- Have a pen and pencil handy for taking notes.
- Prepare engaging questions and your goals for Study Abroad prior to the appointment.
- Be in a quiet environment that allows you to hear and be heard.
- Remain attentive throughout the session (put the phone away!)
- Keep in mind the possible technological difficulties (such as lagging and disconnection) and be prepared to follow directions from the Peer Adviser facilitating your session.
We are also available for Walk-In Advising during our Walk-In Hours: Weekdays 9 am - 4 pm with extended hours on Wednesdays: 9 am - 7 pm.
For a Walk-In Appointment, simply stop by our office (130 Lake Ontario Hall) and let a Peer Adviser know that you are looking to be advised!
Questions or Concerns?
Contact email@example.com, call (616) 331-3898, or stop by our office (130 Lake Ontario Hall)