LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
New Adjunct Faculty Information
Dear new colleague,
Welcome to the Grand Valley State University teaching community! On behalf of the Office of the Provost and the Robert & Mary Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center, we invite you to review the orientation materials and opportunities outlined below.
We look forward to meeting you and supporting your teaching at GVSU.
Vice Provost for Instructional Development & Innovation
Director of the Robert & Mary Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center
New Faculty Orientation will be held in August 2021!
New adjunct faculty are invited to complete our online orientation program. Work through the modules from your own home and at your own pace. We'll be holding TWO virtual drop-in office hours exclusively for new adjunct faculty (on August 18 and August 26)—to answer any questions you might have, about the orientation modules or about starting at GVSU in general.
Visit our New Faculty Orientation webpage for more information.
A SELF-PACED ONLINE ADJUNCT FACULTY ORIENTATION
Visit our Pew FTLC New Adjunct Faculty Online Orientation webpage to access introductory videos and materials that will orient you to the mission, vision, and values of GVSU as well as provide an overview of services and supports available to faculty.
When prompted, enter your GVSU network login and password. If you do not yet have a GVSU network login and password, please contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (616) 331-3498 so we can provide you with temporary access.
DIGITAL NEW FACULTY RESOURCE NOTEBOOK
Additionally, we have assembled online resources for you to explore via our Digital Faculty Resource Notebook. Materials and information you'll find here include:
- University Syllabus Requirements
- Faculty Quick Start Guide
- Using Blackboard Photo Roster
- Acronyms for GVSU Programs, Departments, & Colleges
ELEARNING AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES
The eLearning and Emerging Technologies group is also hosting Drop-In Open Office Hours, providing assistance with our course management system, Blackboard, and providing instructional design support. Faculty teaching in-seat, hybrid, or online courses are welcome to attend. Visit the eLearning & Emerging Technologies website for more information.
There are a few other web-based resources that might be helpful as you get started.
- Human Resources has gathered many online resources. Visit their New Staff Resources and Information webpage.
- New or relatively new to teaching? The Pew Faculty Teaching and Learning Center staff are available to assist you. We can answer questions, direct you to electronic resources, or meet for an individual consultation via phone, email or in person. Visit the Pew FTLC website for additional information.
- Not sure how to navigate campus? Parking Services has Campus Maps available online.
- Need to know the important dates and deadlines for the semester? Check out the Academic Calendar posted on the Registrar's webpage.
- Review the professional development opportunities the Pew FTLC offers on our Upcoming Events webpage.