NCFDD Institutional Membership
Grand Valley State University has joined the NCFDD, a nationally recognized, independent organization providing online career development and mentoring resources. Our Institutional Membership begins May 1, 2020.
The subscription entitles ALL faculty, academic staff, post doc and graduate students access to tools to increase research and writing productivity and improve work-life balance. These tools include:
- The weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum Webinars
- Monthly Guest Expert and Multi-Week Course Trainings
- Access to the 14-Day Writing Challenge each semester
- Access to the Dissertation Success Curriculum for advanced graduate students
To access this resource, you need to register:
- Go to www.facultydiversity.org/join
- Under "Select Your Institution," choose "Grand Valley State University"
- Select "Activate my Membership"
- Complete the registration form using your GVSU email address
- Check your GVSU email account to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click "Activate Account" in the email.
Please contact Dana Munk ([email protected]) if you have questions or concerns.
NCFDD Spring/Summer 2021 Guest Expert Webinar Series
Click on the Guest Expert (facilitator) portrait to register for that specific webinar online.
Scroll down to see FULL descriptions of each webinar.
STRATEGIES FOR CENTERING INSTRUCTOR IDENTITY IN STEM EDUCATION
April 27, 2021
Facilitated by Tazin Daniels, PhD
EVERY SUMMER NEEDS A PLAN
May 13, 2021
Facilitated by Angelique Davis, JD
STRATEGIES FOR ACADEMICS MANAGING CAREERS AND CARETAKING DURING THE PANDEMIC (AND BEYOND...)
May 25, 2021
Facilitated by Lisa Wolf-Wendel, PhD
MOVING FROM RESISTANCE TO WRITING
June 10, 2021
Facilitated by Naomi Levy, PhD
HOW TO BE A STRONG SPONSOR AND ADVOCATE FOR FACULTY
June 22, 2021
Facilitated by Margaret Yacobucci, PhD
SUPPORTING FACULTY DURING AND AFTER THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
July 20, 2021
Facilitated by Leslie Gonzales, Ed.D.
21SS NCFDD Guest Expert Webinar Series
Want to incorporate Race & Diversity topics into your course?
NCFDD Recorded Webinars & Courses Focused on Race and Diversity
Past NCFDD Guest Expert Webinars
Fall 2020 NCFDD Guest Expert Webinars
DR. DELLA MOSLEY
Bracing for and Embracing the Fall as a Blkademic
DR. BRANDY SIMULA
Building and Leading Successful Research Teams
DR. ROSEMARIE ROBERTS
How to Engage in Healthy Conflict
DR. PAULINE MAKI
Women's Brain Health at Midlife- What Does Menopause Have to Do With It?
DR. CARLITA FAVERO
How to Manage Stress, Rejection, & the Haters in Your Midst