Request a Copy of a Police Report

Criminal / Non Traffic Reports

Click on FOIA Forms and Electronic FOIA form to fill out a request. 

Traffic Crash Reports

Click here to obtain a copy of a Grand Valley Police Department traffic crash report through the Michigan State Police. 

Information you will need: 

  • Date of the crash
  • Information about a driver involved in the crash OR the report number

**Note that it may take a few days after the date of the incident for processing of a traffic crash report. If you are unable to access the report, please try again at a later time or contact Police Records. For incidents occurring prior to 2012, please contact GVPD directly. 

For questions, please contact Records: 
     (616) 331-3255
     Kelli Dykstra                [email protected]  
     Jen Garcia                  [email protected]
     Marisa Vredevoogd     [email protected]

Applicant Background Checks

For law enforcement agencies conducting records checks on applicants, please send your request with a signed release of information from the applicant to: 


(616) 331-3310


Page last modified June 19, 2023