In an effort to streamline University purchases on Amazon.com, Procurement Services has established a centralized Amazon Business account. This account is solely for University-related purchases, personal purchases on this platform are strictly prohibited.
Amazon Business Benefits:
Increased product availability and bulk pricing discounts
Automatic tax exemption on all orders from participating suppliers
Free 2-day shipping on millions of items
Review orders, reconciliation, returns and refunds in real time
Spend analytics for your department
Ability to buy from local and minority owned businesses
- Prices on Amazon Business are guaranteed to be the same or lower than on the commercial website
- Business Prime membership for all users at no added cost to your department
- Free 2-day shipping on millions of items and free same-day delivery on eligible orders
- Easy and customizable approval workflows for all orders
- Automatic tax exemption on all accounts – managed centrally in Procurement Services
- Pre-defined shipping addresses saved to all accounts for easy ordering
- Notifies users of out-of-policy items
- Procurement Services will assist users with special procurement items or policy exceptions
- Separation of business and personal Amazon accounts
- Ability to buy from local and minority owned businesses
Amazon Business Integrates with Concur!
When you use Concur to reconcile your PCard expenses, your order receipts from Amazon can automatically appear in your Concur account 24-48 hours after your order ships.
Amazon Prime memberships are no longer an allowable purchase on your p-card or as a T&E reimbursement. GVSU now has an enterprise Prime membership for all faculty and staff through our Amazon Business account. If you have purchased a Prime membership, please make sure to log into the account that it was purchased with and follow the link to cancel your membership. Your card will be refunded in 5-7 days.