LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
A Purchase Requisition is required for contractual services with companies or non-employee persons. A copy of the signed contract or letter of agreement indicating the scope of services, contract period and payment terms must be submitted. The Requisition must be processed when the contract is finalized and prior to the services being rendered. The department is responsible for completing an Employee/Independent Contractor Determination and Agreement form that includes the IRS requirements for all contracts with non-employee persons.
A Purchase Order will be processed to facilitate payment availability based upon terms of the contract or letter of agreement. The Purchase Order will indicate the payment schedule, if multiple payments are required during the contract period. In this case, an approved invoice or department payment authorization is required for each payment release.
- Blank IRS W-9 (PDF)
- Employee/Independent Contractor Determination RO (PDF)
- Employee/Independent Contractor Determination RO (Word)
- Use this contract if the vendor will be invoicing for their services
- Note: By using this contract, you are indicating to the Procurement Services department that payment will be made to the vendor only after an invoice has been submitted to Accounts Payable
- Employee/Independent Contractor Determination CW (PDF)
- Employee/Independent Contractor Determination CW (Word)
- Use this contract if the vendor will not be invoicing for their services
- Note: By using this contract, you are indicating to the Procurement Services department that you would like an all-inclusive payment issued to the vendor for their services once complete