Instructions for Cardholders
The individual Cardholder and/or delegated Responsible Person for a Department/Nameless card will be responsible for:
- Following all University purchasing policies
- Reconciling each transaction in Concur by the end of the month. Charges that post to your account after the last day of the month can be put on next month's expense report.
- Obtaining a receipt for each transaction
- All receipts must be itemized
- If a receipt is missing and cannot be obtained after the transaction, a Missing Receipt Affidavit must be submitted in Concur
- Documenting a valid business purpose in Concur
- Using a Sign In/Out Log for Department/Nameless cards
- Reporting any fraud to Fifth Third
Please retain itemized receipts for all transactions made with your GVSU issued p-card. Make sure to complete a Missing Receipt Affidavit in Concur if you are not able to obtain an itemized receipt for an expenditure. While this form does not excuse the violation, it does provide necessary documentation of the transaction for our auditors.
the GVSU Purchasing Card Policy prohibits gift cards and gift certificates from being purchased with a GVSU issued p-card. Failure to act in accordance with this policy may result in the loss of your card privileges.
Transitioning to Concur
As of July 1, 2021, all cardholders will manage their PCard transactions in Concur. For more information about Concur as well as training resources, please visit the University Travel website. We have detailed below what specifically will change for cardholders with the transition to Concur.
To ensure the continued success of the Purchasing Card Program at GVSU, internal audits are required of all cardholder’s accounts to ensure that items purchased follow University policies and procedures.
- Audit requests will come from [email protected]. Audit requests can be for a month, a period of months, or just a few transactions.
- Respond directly to [email protected] within 3 days with requested information and documentation.
- Procurement Services will review the requested documentation and send a findings email to the cardholder and supervisor (if necessary)
GVSU P-Cards: Top 3 Things to Avoid
Procurement Services is excited to share a new video about the most common p-card audit violations and how to avoid them!
Please note: the signature requirement on monthly statements is now fulfilled electronically in Concur