Disposal and Surplus Help

Who has authority to dispose of University property?

Procurement Services is responsible for the orderly disposal of surplus, obsolete and worn out equipment (GVSU Procedures Manual, Section 6). All items acquired by University departments, regardless of funding source, are considered property of the University and subject to the University's Property Disposal Policy and Procedures.

Does my department receive the proceeds from sale of surplus property?

Proceeds from any sale of surplus property will be deposited in a general revenue fund. Requests for transfer of funds to a specific department must be submitted in writing to the Assistant Vice President for Business and Finance.

How can I dispose of my University property?

You can fill out a Property Pickup Form to dispose of University items. Contact the Surplus Store if you have any questions.

All obsolete laptops and desktop computers should first be sent to the IT Tech Supply Office by contacting the IT Service desk. Additional information can be found on the Tech Supply website: https://www.gvsu.edu/it/technology-supply-office-160.htm

Page last modified July 15, 2021