There have been a number of attempts by unscrupulous individuals to place fraudulent orders using Grand Valley State University as the originator.
- If the product being ordered is not being shipped to Grand Valley State University's Allendale or Grand Rapids Michigan campuses, you should be suspicious.
- Also pay close attention to the originating email and phone number, as these will be indicators that the request is bogus.
- All GVSU employees have an email address ending in gvsu.edu and a phone number beginning with 616-331-xxxx
- Fraudsters may send emails claiming to be from a GVSU employee that end in .gov or .org, these are not legitimate. They have also been using fake email addresses that link directly to our website. Please stay vigilant and call our office (616-331-2280) with any questions.
- If you receive an email that you suspect is fraudulent, click "File FBI Complaint" below, or contact a Procurement Services team member with further inquiries.
What is the University's bid policy?
University policy requires that for all purchases exceeding $10,000 and when appropriate on lesser amounts, the purchase shall be preceded by competitive bids. These bids should be written except when time or other circumstances do not permit, in which case verbal bids are acceptable if properly documented. For all purchases exceeding $25,000, the purchase shall be preceded by competitive sealed bids. No sealed bids can be accepted if received after the date and time specified, at which time they are to be publicly opened and read aloud.
How do I get on the University bid list?
Suppliers must complete a Vendor Registration Profile and submit to the Purchasing office address specified. Please feel free to enclose business literature, product list, catalog and price list, business card, etc. This information will be maintained in our vendor resource library for future reference. Copies of the information you provide are often shared with appropriate campus departments for referral when making requisition decisions.
How can I stay updated on the University's bids?
You can subscribe to new bid openings with our bid notification form. By selecting one or more categories, you will receive notification via email when new bids appear.
Should I respond if I'm unable to bid for contract?
It is in your best interest to respond with notification why no bid is being submitted. Continued failure to respond at all may result in removal from bid list.
Am I required to appear at bid openings?
You are not required to appear at bid openings unless otherwise specified in the bid documents.
How do I find out the results of a bid if I'm unable to attend the bid opening?
After the bids have been opened, suppliers may contact the buyer for a copy of results or to schedule a meeting to review bids if that is more appropriate. Please reference the bid number, contract item and due date with your request.