For Future CECI Students
If you're considering a program with our college, the College of Education and Community Innovation, we're here to help you feel helpfully informed, calmly transitioned, and supportively welcomed into our community. Feel free to use this webpage as a guide for your transfer or transition! If you'd like to meet with your Academic Advisor, you can schedule an appointment online.
How to check your credits
Want to learn more about what credits you could bring with you from high school, a previous college institution, military service credit, or by taking a test here at GVSU? Use the following links to explore your options.
How to register
Have you already chosen us? That's wonderful! Use the following links to learn more about what programs we have, what classes we offer, and what resources you get once you start taking classes here!
How to transition
Welcome to GVSU and to the CECI community! Here in the Advising Office for the College of Education and Community Innovation, we want your transition to be as smooth as possible. At this point, be sure to schedule an appointment with your Advisor! They're your read-to-go guide for all things related to transitioning into college or into GVSU.
- New Student Advising and Registration Information
- CECI Newsletter Archive - Where we inform CECI students of upcoming opportunities, deadlines, events, and more
- CECI Connect Podcast - Where we interview CECI faculty, discuss career options, and explore majors in our college
- CECI Fellows Program - Where we match first-year CECI students to peer mentors in shared programs
- Laker Family Network and Parent and Supporters Orientation
- Transitions Program: Campus Orientation