LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
YOUR NEXT STEP IS GVSU
When you transfer to Grand Valley and become a Laker, you take the next step in a journey of a lifetime that will affect you for a lifetime. You’ll be a part of the smallest big university in the country, with the resources of a major university and the personal support you need to be prepared for whatever the future has in store. That’s the Laker Effect. Transfer to Grand Valley and experience it yourself. Whether you are transferring to GVSU from a community college or another four-year institution, starting at a new university creates unique opportunities. Our goal is your success, so let us guide you in your transition.
NO APPLICATION FEE THROUGH MAY 2021!
Transfer Student Resources
Transfer plans for Michigan community colleges show you exactly which courses to take based on your planned major at GVSU. This helps ensure that you will be able to transfer the maximum number of credits when it's time to start classes at GVSU.
Course Equivalencies show you how courses from other colleges and universities transfer to GVSU. Once you apply for admission and send official transcripts, you will receive an official Transfer Credit Evaluation.
MICHIGAN TRANSFER AGREEMENT
The Michigan Transfer Agreement is designed to help you transfer from your community college to a Michigan four-year college or university.
GVSU is proud to participate in the MiTransfer Pathways while continuing our support of Michigan transfer students.
(2021 Best Colleges: Region by Region)
Additional Student Resources
Grand Valley has a wealth of resources led by advisors, faculty, and staff that are dedicated to serving you throughout your academic journey. Explore them below.
- Academic Programs - Information about all of Grand Valley's programs can be found here.
- Attend a Virtual Visit - Virtual information sessions dedicated to Transfer students.
- Reverse Transfer Agreements - Did you transfer to GVSU before finishing your associates degree? We can help.
- Admissions Requirements - Find out more about Grand Valley's requirements for admission.
- Academic Advising - Advising is an integral part of any education, and we do it well.
- Regional Locations - Discover other GVSU locations.
- Career Services - We can help you navigate the today's job market.
- Online Degree Completion - Are you an adult student? Our accelerated degree completion program might be perfect for you.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid - Everything you could ever want to know about Financial Aid at GVSU.
- Research Opportunities - Whether with a faculty member or on your own, there is a wealth of research opportunities available.
- Admitted Transfer Student Checklist - A handy checklist that will help you start the Transfer process.
Why You Should Transfer to Grand Valley
A TOP CHOICE FOR TRANSFER STUDENTS
Students transfer to Grand Valley to be well prepared, to gain credibility with potential employers and graduate schools, and to finish their degrees with opportunities not found at other universities.
That is why 90% of our recent graduates are employed or pursuing advanced degrees.
Plus, you'll find that transferring is easy and personal. From transfer orientation to academic advising to career and employment support, our experienced staff support you every step of the way.
“At Grand Valley, you'll find friends wherever you go. Everyone wants to reach out and help you learn, help you grow, and help you build the skill set that you need.”
—ANTONY SALAZAR, CLASS OF 2019
REAL-WORLD RESEARCH, REAL-WORLD IMPACT
Experience is at the heart of every Grand Valley education. Hands-on research makes Grand Valley a highly desirable destination for professors who want to teach and work directly with undergraduate students on projects usually reserved for graduate students at other universities.
More than 7,392 students participated in experiential learning opportunities like internships, co-ops, and clinical fieldwork last year.
When you transfer to Grand Valley, you can count on professors who work with you to make sure you’re well prepared to make your mark on the world.