LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Welcome to Advising at Grand Valley
Whether you are a first-year student, a transfer student or a student preparing to graduate, our academic advisors are here to help you achieve a meaningful and successful educational experience.
STEPS TOWARD STUDENT SUCCESS
- Determine the name and location of your academic advisor or advising center.
- Make an appointment with your academic advisor during your first semester.
- Prepare a list of questions and topics of discussion for your advisor.
- Read advising emails sent to you throughout the semester.
- Become familiar with the academic calendar and GVSU policies and procedures.
- Know how to calculate your grade point average.
- Review your next semester schedule and develop an academic plan for the next registration cycle.
- Learn how to read your GVSU myPath in myBanner and be able to use the "what if" option.
- Become familiar with your learning style and study skills.
- Get to know at least one faculty member.