Welcome Future Graduate Student!
Graduate students choose Grand Valley State University to further their education because they know the superb instruction, innovative research, and high-tech facilities will give them a competitive edge. Plus, they appreciate having The Graduate School's tailored attention and support.
Grand Valley graduate students range from working professionals attending school part-time to full-time students living on campus. Despite their diverse backgrounds, all are focused on pursuing knowledge, developing new skills, and advancing in their careers — making student-to-student interaction and networking a very rewarding part of our graduate programs.
Top Graduate Programs
The world is changing in unprecedented ways. Current jobs are evolving. New ones are being born of opportunity and necessity. You may want to increase your post-baccalaureate education to meet the changing professional challenges. When you do, Grand Valley will be here to help.
Grand Valley offers a variety of master’s and doctoral degree programs, numerous combined bachelor’s/master’s degree programs. Combined bachelor’s/master’s degree programs allow you to complete both degrees sooner by allowing graduate credits to count towards undergraduate graduation. Grand Valley also has a robust offering of graduate certificate programs or digital badges to help you further your professional studies.
Doctor of Nursing Practice major, Ilanit Marx, discusses her experience at GVSU, her goals and her experience working in the healthcare field in Israel.
Graduate Program Offerings
- Accounting, M.S.A.
- Applied Computer Science, M.S.
- Applied Statistics, M.S.
- Athletic Training, MAT
- Audiology, Au.D.
- Biology, M.S.
- Biomedical Sciences, M.H.S.
- Biostatistics, M.S.
- Business Administration, Executive M.B.A. (EMBA)
- Business Administration, M.B.A.
- Cell and Molecular Biology, M.S.
- Clinical Dietetics, M.S.
- Communications, M.S.
- Criminal Justice, M.S.
- Cybersecurity, M.S.
- Data Science and Analytics, M.S.
- Education, Educational Leadership M.Ed. - Special Education Administration emphasis
- Education, Educational Leadership, M.Ed.
- Education, Higher Education, M.Ed.
- Education, Instruction and Curriculum, M.Ed. - Early Childhood Education emphasis
- Education, Instruction and Curriculum, M.Ed. - Educational Differentiation emphasis
- Education, Instruction and Curriculum, M.Ed. - Elementary Education emphasis
- Education, Instruction and Curriculum, M.Ed. - Secondary Education emphasis
- Education, Learning, Design, and Technology, M.Ed.
- Education, Literacy Studies, M.Ed.
- Education, Online/Blended Instruction Graduate Certificate
- Education, School Counseling, M.Ed.
- Education, Special Education, M.Ed.
- Educational Specialist in Leadership, Ed.S.
- Engineering, M.S.E.
- English, M.A.
- Graduate Programs in Education
- Health Administration, M.H.A.
- Health Informatics and Bioinformatics, M.S.
- Medical Dosimetry, M.S.
- Nursing, D.N.P.
- Nursing, M.S.N.
- Occupational Therapy, Dr.O.T.
- Occupational Therapy, M.S.
- Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership, M.P.N.L.
- Physical Therapy, D.P.T.
- Physician Assistant Studies, M.P.A.S.
- Public Administration, M.P.A.
- Public Health, M.P.H.
- Recreational Therapy, M.S.
- School Psychology, M.S. & Psy.S.
- Social Innovation, M.A.
- Social Work, M.S.W.
- Social Work, M.S.W. - hybrid program
- Speech-Language Pathology, M.S.
- Taxation, M.S.T.
- Water Resource Policy, M.S.
A list of masters and post-professional doctorate degrees.
- Applied Behavior Analysis Graduate Certificate
- Bioinformatics and Genomics Graduate Certificate
- Education, Graduate Teacher (GTC) Certification - Elementary
- Education, Graduate Teacher (GTC) Certification - Secondary
- Education, Online/Blended Instruction Graduate Certificate
- English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Graduate Certificate
- Interprofessional Health Informatics Graduate Certificate
- Nonprofit Leadership Graduate Certificate
- Palliative and Hospice Care Graduate Certificate
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate
A certificate is a record of achievement that recognizes a student's completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A certificate includes anywhere from nine to 18 academic credits and is a convenient stepping stone into a graduate degree.
- Advanced Tax Practice Graduate Badge
- Biomedical Informatics Graduate Badge
- Corporate Transactions Graduate Badge
- Cybersecurity Graduate Badge
- Data Analytics Graduate Badge
- Data Mining Fundamentals Graduate Badge
- Database Fundamentals Graduate Badge
- Database Management Graduate Badge
- Digital Forensics Fundamentals Graduate Badge
- Distributed Computing Graduate Badge
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Graduate Badge
- Embedded Systems Graduate Badge
- Emerging Leadership Graduate Badge
- Foundations of Tax Practice Graduate Badge
- Information Security Fundamentals Graduate Badge
- Information Systems Management Graduate Badge
- Information Systems Project Management Fundamentals Graduate Badge
- Information Visualization Fundamentals Graduate Badge
- Mobile Application Fundamentals Graduate Badge
- Networking Fundamentals Graduate Badge
- Object-Oriented Programming Fundamentals Graduate Badge
- Palliative and Hospice Care I Graduate Badge
- Palliative and Hospice Care II Graduate Badge
- Software Design and Development Graduate Badge
- Software Engineering Graduate Badge
- Telehealth Graduate Badge
- Victim Advocacy and Services Graduate Badge
- Wealth Planning Graduate Badge
- Web and Mobile Computing Graduate Badge
- Web Application Fundamentals Graduate Badge
A digital badge, or badge, is a record of achievement that recognizes a student's completion of a coherent and meaningful academic experience. A badge includes anywhere from 0.5 to 15 academic credits, and may include additional noncredit criteria. Badges are digital credentials.
- Combined Degree: Accounting B.B.A. and M.S.A.
- Combined Degree: Advertising and Public Relations B.A., B.S., and Communication, M.S.
- Combined Degree: Allied Health Science B.S. and Public Health M.P.H.
- Combined Degree: Applied Food & Nutrition B.S. and Clinical Dietetics, M.S.
- Combined Degree: Biomedical Sciences, B.S. and M.H.S.
- Combined Degree: Cell and Molecular Biology, B.S. and M.S.
- Combined Degree: Communication Studies B.A., B.S. and Communication, M.S.
- Combined Degree: Computer Engineering B.S.E. and Applied Computer Science M.S.
- Combined Degree: Computer Science B.S. and Applied Computer Science M.S.
- Combined Degree: Computer Science B.S. and Cybersecurity M.S.
- Combined Degree: Computer Science, B.S. and Data Science and Analytics, M.S.
- Combined Degree: Cybersecurity, B.S. and M.S.
- Combined Degree: Engineering, B.S.E. and M.S.E.
- Combined Degree: Exercise Science B.S. and Athletic Training MAT
- Combined Degree: Exercise Science B.S. and Public Health M.P.H.
- Combined Degree: Health Communications B.A., B.S. and Communication, M.S.
- Combined Degree: Information Systems B.S. and Applied Computer Science M.S.
- Combined Degree: Information Systems B.S. and Cybersecurity M.S.
- Combined Degree: Information Technology B.S. and Cybersecurity M.S.
- Combined Degree: Journalism, Broadcasting, and Digital Media B.A., B.S. and Communication, M.S.
- Combined degree: Occupational Therapy M.S. and Dr.O.T.
- Combined Degree: Public and Nonprofit Administration, B.A., B.S. and Public Administration, M.P.A.
- Combined Degree: Recreational Therapy B.S. and M.S.
- Combined Degree: Statistics B.S. and Applied Statistics, M.S.
- Combined Degree: Statistics B.S. and Biostatistics, M.S.
- Student-Initiated Combined Degree
Combined degree programs are an opportunity to complete both an undergraduate and graduate degree at a reduced timeframe and cost.
HAVE YOU LISTENED TO OUR PODCASTS?
You can now explore GVSU graduate programs on the go by tuning into our program podcasts. These podcasts are filled with information about our graduate programming and feature our program directors. Visit our podcast page and choose your program of interest to get started.
GVSU Professor Jen Moore and graduate student Emilio Mancero traveled to the Galápagos Islands to study lava lizards. Watch their video to hear about their experiences.
Grand Valley was named a Fulbright Top Producing Institution for the number of faculty members who teach and conduct research overseas. More than 55 Grand Valley faculty and staff members have earned Fulbright awards since 1964.
Costs and Financial Aid
Graduate Tuition and Fees
This page will help you understand our tuition, housing, dining, and parking permit costs.
Graduate Financial Aid Support
Financial aid options for Graduate students.
Laker Life Time Learning (L3)
If you are a GVSU alum, you can use your Laker Lifetime Learning (L3) account for classes that provide greater knowledge and new skills. Your account is waiting for you to use for future classes at GVSU. All you have to do is visit the L3 website to learn more.
Graduate Admission Requirements
Visit the graduate application requirements page for a checklist of materials that are required to complete your graduate application by program. Please see the Grand Valley State University catalog for specific admission requirements.
HAVE YOU BEEN ADMITTED TO GRAND VALLEY?
If so, congratulations! We can't wait for you to join our GVSU graduate student community. Visit the admitted student checklist for your next steps to becoming a Laker.