The GVSU Athletic & Recreation Facilities are full of spaces that can cater to your needs! Our friendly and knowledgeable staff, teamed with our state-of-the-art facilities, can accommodate any group - small or large, indoor or outdoor. Please review the information on this page and let us know if you have any questions or concerns about the services/spaces we provide. Thank you for taking an interest in our facilities, we can't wait to hear from you!
In addition to the photo gallery below, please take a virtual tour of our two most popular facilities:
Scheduling of Youth Sport Activities
During the academic year, availability of GVSU’s athletic & recreation facilities are very limited for non-GVSU groups. Any external requests must be made by the youth sport organization, not by the individual teams for the request to be reviewed. All activities will be required to provide the proper paperwork; to include a facility contract, insurance waiver, and tax exempt form (when applicable).
Spaces Available for Rent
- Main Arena (3 courts)
- Arena Lobbies (upper and lower)
- Rec Center Basketball/Volleyball Courts (4 courts)
- Climbing Wall
- Dance Studio
- Indoor/Outdoor Turf Fields
- Indoor Track
- Multi-Purpose Rooms
- Multi-Purpose Court (outdoor)
- Pool and Pool Lobby
- Racquetball Courts
- Tennis Courts (outdoor)
Events/Groups We Accommodate
- Athletic Clinics or Tournaments
- GVSU Club Sports and Intramurals
- Birthday Parties
- Climbing Groups on the Climbing Wall
- Graduation Parties
- Miscellaneous Group Recreation Events
- Pool Groups
- Overnighter Groups
- Team-building Activities
- AND MANY MORE!!
Get Started With Your Reservation
GVSU DEPARTMENTS AND OFF-CAMPUS CLIENT REQUESTS
- If you are interested in reserving space within our Athletic and Recreation Facilities we ask that you please fill out the on-line space request form listed below and allow a minimum of two weeks for a status review. Once status is confirmed, you will be notified with an e-mail confirmation.
- Please note that the cost of each facility varies by the following items: facilities used, number of attendees, length of rental, equipment used, etc.
- We strongly suggest that you plan well in advance of your requested date as our spaces fill quickly.
GVSU REGISTERED STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS
To reserve space, RSOs must be current and in good-standing on OrgSync.
Special Event/Fundraiser Requests:
- If you are a RSO affiliated with GVSU and are planning a special event or fundraiser please complete the space rental request form below.
- For fundraiser requests, please also complete the Athletic & Recreation Facilities RSO Fundraising Application.
Reoccurring Semester Practice/Meeting Requests:
- If you are a RSO affiliated with GVSU and are planning a weekly practice/meeting please complete the reoccurring semester space request form below.