The Seidman MST is designed for individuals who are interested in expanding or continuing their education in taxation. It serves as a specialized degree for tax professionals.
MST tuition for the 2023-24 academic year is $834.00 per credit hour ($27,522) for the full MST program. An additional cost for books and supplies is estimated to be $3,500.
Each 3 credit course counts as 45 CPE hours, resulting in a cost of approximately $50 per CPE hour, significantly lower than the industry average of over $100 per CPE hour.
GVSU's company deferment plan allows students who qualify for employer's tuition reimbursement programs to defer tuition payment until 30 days after semester end, with a signed promissory note and a $40 service fee.
Grand Valley State University’s (GVSU) Master of Science in Taxation (MST) program utilizes the Business Centralized Application System (BusinessCAS) for the application process. Please refer to to businesscas.org/apply/ get general information about the BusinessCAS process.
To apply, follow the simple instructions below. Once your application has been submitted, contact the office with any questions via email.
- Completed graduate application for admission
- Personal essay/statement (included within application)
- Current resume
- Two graduate recommendations (link within application)
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended must be submitted to BusinessCAS
- Official GMAT/GRE* scores are not required but can be submitted to strengthen admissions materials; Official scores must be submitted to GVSU Admissions
- Official language* scores (if your native language is not English) must be submitted to GVSU Admissions
- $58 BusinessCAS application fee and a $30 GVSU application fee (the GVSU fee may we waived if you have previously applied to GVSU)
- Interviews may be requested for applicants where additional information is needed
- Once the CAS application is complete student will need to complete the GVSU supplemental form.
Alternate Path To MST Degree
Those not certain they want to commit to the full MST degree program may instead complete three Graduate Tax Badges that are stackable toward the MST degree.
Foundations of Tax Practice (ACC 622, ACC 624, ACC 627, ACC 629)
Choose two additional (currently available):
Wealth Planning (ACC 628, ACC 641)
Corporate Transactions (ACC 625, ACC 630, ACC 633)
Advanced Tax Practice (ACC 631, ACC 632, ACC 639)
Once the Graduate Tax Badges are completed, you simply need to take two courses to complete the MST degree:
- ACC 607 Ethics for Accounting
- ACC 636 Taxation Problems, Planning, and Current Issues