The Seidman MST is designed for individuals who are interested in expanding or continuing their education in taxation. It serves as a specialized degree for tax professionals.
MST tuition for the 2021-22 academic year is $773.00 per credit hour; $25,509 for the full MST program. An additional cost for books and supplies is estimated to be $3,500.
Each 3 credit course counts as 45 CPE hours, resulting in a cost of approximately $50 per CPE hour, significantly lower than the industry average of over $100 per CPE hour.
GVSU's company deferment plan allows students who qualify for employer's tuition reimbursement programs to defer tuition payment until 30 days after semester end, with a signed promissory note and a $40 service fee.
The Seidman MST program has a rolling admission. Applications are accepted until one month prior to the start of the semester. Requirements include:
- Completed graduate application
- One-page essay/personal statement, speaking to your career goals or reason for pursuing this degree
- $30 nonrefundable application fee (Waived if you have previously applied to Grand Valley)
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended
- Official GMAT scores are not required but can be submitted to strengthen admission materials
- Official TOEFL scores (if your native language is not English)
Send all application materials that have not been submitted online to:
Grand Valley State University
300 Student Services Building
1 Campus Drive
Allendale, MI 49401-9403
Official transcript(s) can be sent electronically to GVSU by your previous university through an electronic delivery service such as Docufide, Naviance, E Scrip-Safe, or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts and test scores must be received directly from the issuing institution.
Alternate Path To MST Degree
Those not certain they want to commit to the full MST degree program may instead complete three Graduate Tax Badges that are stackable toward the MST degree.
Foundations of Tax Practice (ACC 622, ACC 624, ACC 627, ACC 629)
Choose two additional (currently available):
Wealth Planning (ACC 628, ACC 641)
Corporate Transactions (ACC 625, ACC 630, ACC 633)
Advanced Tax Practice (ACC 631, ACC 632, ACC 639)
Once the Graduate Tax Badges are completed, you simply need to take two courses to complete the MST degree:
- ACC 607 Ethics for Accounting
- ACC 636 Taxation Problems, Planning, and Current Issues