Master of Science in Accounting
The Seidman MS in Accounting (MSA) degree offers an intensive, concentrated learning experience that explores the essential aspects of accounting and permits an in-depth exploration and practical experience in areas within the discipline. This specialized degree is designed for students pursuing CPA certification and careers in public, industry and nonprofit accounting.
The program is available to students with any undergraduate major including those with limited undergraduate accounting courses, although the curriculum will vary depending on previous business and accounting coursework. The MSA may be pursued part- or full-time, and students may begin their studies any semester. Graduates meet the academic requirements for Michigan CPA licensure.
Gain knowledge and in-depth understanding that encompasses the frameworks, theories, concepts and core competencies of accounting.
Cultivate, apply and master essential accounting skills through guided experiential learning.
Continue transformation to a stronger, more confident accountant through development of the judgment, analytical mindset, and public interest perspective required of a licensed accounting professional.
Our MSA program has been ranked among the Best Master's of Accounting Programs by TFE Times for 2020
- In-depth exploration of essential aspects of accounting
- Practice experience within the accounting discipline
- Program supports documented success for first time CPA exam pass rates
- Part-time or full-time study
INDIVIDUALIZED PROGRAM PLAN
- Faculty advisors develop individualized plans of study to meet specific career goals
RELEVANCY AND RIGOR
- Curriculum integrates current impacts of information technology and data analysis on the accounting profession
- Credentialed, accessible, student-focused faculty ensure a rigorous learning environment oriented towards student success