The Seidman MSA is designed for students pursuing CPA certification and other accounting careers, including those individuals with limited undergraduate accounting courses. Our MSA program consists of 33 semester hours of graduate studies with at least 18 semester hours in accounting.
MSA tuition for the 2019-20 academic year is $733.00 per credit hour ($24,189). An additional cost for books and supplies is estimated to be $3,500.
The Seidman MSA program has a rolling admission. Applications are accepted until one month prior to the start of the semester. Requirements include:
- Completed graduate application
- One-page essay/personal statement, speaking to your career goals or reason for pursuing this degree
- $30 nonrefundable application fee (Waived if you have previously applied to Grand Valley this fee)
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher education previously attended
- Official GMAT scores are not required but can be submitted to strengthen admission materials
- Official TOEFL scores (if your native language is not English)
Send all application materials that have not been submitted online to:
Grand Valley State University
300 Student Services Building
1 Campus Drive
Allendale, MI 49401-9403
Official transcript(s) can be sent electronically to GVSU by your previous university through an electronic delivery service such as Docufide, Naviance, E Scrip-Safe, or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official transcripts and test scores must be received directly from the issuing institution.
Scholarships Available to MSA Students
Richard E. Veazey Graduate Academic Scholarship in Accounting
This scholarship recognizes an outstanding student who wants to pursue a Master’s of Science in Accounting through the Seidman College of Business and enter the accounting profession.
- Must be enrolled in, or application accepted for, full-time status as a graduate accounting degree-seeking student (MSA) in the School of Accounting
- Must be enrolled with full-time status as a graduate degree-seeking student
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
Renewal Criteria: Renewable for a max of 3 semesters
Dr. Donald J. Klein, Sr. Graduate Scholarship in Accounting
This scholarship was created by the Seidman School of Business and Accounting Department alumni in honor of Professor Emeritus and former School of Accounting Department Chair, Don Klein.
- Must have completed an undergraduate business degree
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or better upon admission to the MSA program
- In addition to academic excellence, applicants must have demonstrated leadership, service and involvement in extra-curricular activities. They must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student (9 credits per semester)
- Must complete the Masters of Science in Accounting within two academic years
- Must maintain a 3.5 GPA while in the MSA program
- Candidates must be accepted by Grand Valley State University for enrollment in the MSA program to be eligible to receive this scholarship
Log into MyScholarships to learn more and apply.