Executive Master of Business Administration
The Seidman Executive MBA program is not business school as usual. We offer a uniquely holistic, intensive learning experience designed for experienced professionals who aspire to positions of corporate leadership at the highest levels.
Executive MBA Online Information Sessions
Join us for an information session where we will discuss the Executive MBA Program at the Seidman College of Business. During this event, you will learn more about the full Executive MBA experience, including our unique student culture, relevant courses and programs, and our full suite of leadership development opportunities – giving you an in-depth look at what it’s like to be a part of the Seidman community.
The Seidman Executive MBA program provides an intentional learning opportunity in the context of everyday business situations. Our finely balanced curriculum adheres to the Seidman educational approach of Learn-Practice-Grow, ensuring that you are fully prepared to apply all that you learn as you enter the next stage of your career.
Gain knowledge and in-depth understanding that encompasses the frameworks, theories, concepts and core competencies of business from a leadership perspective.
Cultivate, apply and master essential, business leadership skills through guided experiential learning.
Continue transformation as a strong, confident business leader through heightened self-awareness, development of mature business acumen and attitudes, and broadened capabilities for exercising sound business judgement.
As an Executive MBA student at Seidman, you will: gain the keen business acumen that will become your foundation for critical decision-making in your leadership role; expand your capacity for creative problem solving, critical thinking and analytical reasoning; enhance your proficiency in oral and written communication, teamwork and decision-making; and develop the abilities and qualities that are essential to your transformation into a successful, accomplished leader in the business world.
Reaching Your Full Potential Begins Here, With a Seidman Executive MBA
Do you have high expectations for yourself? Are you intellectually curious and highly motivated to transform your career, your life, and the world around you? The Seidman Executive MBA is designed for professionals like you who have at least five years of significant professional experience and are seeking to advance to high-level, corporate leadership positions.
- Individual and team-based learning
- Classroom and online instruction
- Corporate input to ensure relevance
- Exceptional networking with your class cohort and business leaders
- Case and real-time, applied learning
- Project-based learning opportunities
- Cohort structure designed for stronger peer learning and professional connections
- Opportunity to form deeper relationships and increase networking
- Part of a learning community with all classes taken together
- Accomplished classmates are organizational leaders
- EMBA students have at least five (5) years of director level experience
- Most are seeking executive leadership roles
- Over 100 hours of professional development in areas such as leadership, high-performance teams and communication
- 360-degree leadership assessment
- Individualized professional coaching
- Two-semester capstone project and presentation with a local company
- Small class sizes
- International trip to enhance the international perspective includes experiences such as: making company visits highlighting similarities and differences facing non-U.S. companies, gaining insights into political influences, learning about trade relations across countries, and engaging in meaningful cultural experiences
- Classes meet Friday and Saturdays, every other week
- Classes held at the downtown GVSU Pew Campus, L. William Seidman Center
- Four semesters of instruction
- Video capture available for unavoidable absences