For Parents & Supporters
Welcome to Recreation & Wellness!
Recreation & Wellness (RecWell) offers a wide variety of recreational, wellness, competitive, and educational resources that support your physical and mental well-being. We provide inclusive and diverse recreational opportunities that inspire participation, promote health and wellbeing, and encourage student development and success.
The good news is, we have something for everyone! Check out all that we have to offer below by browsing those areas that most interest you. And never hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you, and we can't wait to connect with you, whether that's in person or virtual.
WIT Peer Educators
Connect with our Wellness Information Team Peer Educators.
- They are GVSU students from a variety of backgrounds here to talk to you about nutrition, sexual health, and general wellness.
- Request a presentation, Ask WIT a question, or learn about wellness topics in their blog posts.
We can assist each student client by providing access to accurate wellness and lifestyle information, helping students explore new behaviors/skills, and identifying useful campus and/or community resources.
- Free access as a student with GVSU ID
- Rec Center hours vary by semester
- 95,000 total square feet with equipment checkouts, office suites, multiple weight rooms, an instructional fitness studio, men's & women's locker rooms, a gender inclusive locker room, various sport courts, multipurpose courts, and a large functional training space