Heavy Bag Kickboxing
Mix up your workout routine with our Heavy Bag Kickboxing!
- Learn the fundamentals of boxing and kickboxing
- Learn how to properly punch, kick, and strike a heavy bag
- Build your stamina and gain confidence
- Strengthen and tone your arms, legs, and core with drills and high intensity movements
- Motivating, fun, and fast paced class
Heavy Bag Kickboxing provides the opportunity for participants to experience the benefits of a great cardio workout in a dynamic environment. This is a great option for those that are looking for an effective, high quality workout with all the fun of hitting a bag!
Kickboxing + Strength Training
Personal Training Format
Shake up your workout routine with a blend of kickboxing and strength training led by our boxing specialized personal trainers! This individualized training program is designed to improve your fitness utilizing a combination of heavy bag kickboxing and strength training. Come work with one of our certified personal trainers. All levels are welcome!
Your choice of an individual Personal Training format or Partner Training format
Gloves and Wraps are required.
Purchase your own OR rent ours during your first appointment.
Rental cost: $4 Wraps, $8 Gloves
Work one-on-one with a personal trainer who will implement Kickboxing or boxing into your workout routine.
You and a friend will work with a personal trainer who will implement Kickboxing or boxing into your workout routine.
Student One-on-One Prices
- 5 sessions – $100
- 10 sessions – $200
- 15 sessions – $275
- 20 sessions - $375
Non-Student One-on-One Prices
- 5 sessions – $200
- 10 sessions – $350
- 15 sessions – $500
- 20 sessions – $675
Student Buddy Training Prices
- 5 sessions – $150
- 10 sessions – $275
- 15 sessions – $400
- 20 sessions - $500
Non-student Buddy Training Prices
- 5 sessions – $300
- 10 sessions – $550
- 15 sessions – $800
- 20 sessions – $1,000
Heavy Bag Kickboxing Fall 2020
There will be no Heavy Bag Kickboxing Group Classes in Fall 2020. If you are interested in Group Exercise classes, please check out our current schedule!
All Class Information
- Class session: 6 weeks - 1 class a week
- Location: Instructional Fitness Studio (inside the GVSU Recreation Center)
- Bring GVSU ID or Rec Center Membership card for entry.
- BOXING GLOVES AND WRAPS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL CLASSES.
- $30 non-Group Exercise pass holder
- **$10 Group Exercise pass holder (must request this rate below)
- $12 glove & wrap rental (option to rent is included in registration & payment form)
There is no waitlist available at this time.
How it works:
- Those who join the waitlist will be sent the sign-up forms before they are released publicly.
- After forms go live, it is first-come, first-serve to sign up until classes reach full capacity. Anyone may join once forms are live!
Boxing Gloves & Wraps
- Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
- Sanabull Core Series Gel Boxing Kickboxing Training Gloves
- Title Classic Pro Style Training Gloves 3.0
- 180in Meister Adult 180" Semi-Elastic Hand Wraps for MMA & Boxing
- Flexible hold
- can be found on Amazon in multiple fun colors!
- 180in Title Hand Wraps
- Flexible - Stiff hold
- many colors and prints to choose from
- RDX Boxing Hand Wraps Inner Gloves for Punching
- Can be found on Amazon - Great for those who don't want to manually wrap!
Boxing Gloves *General Sizing Guide
Up to 100 lbs
101 - 150 lbs
12 - 14 oz.
151 - 175 lbs
14 - 16 oz.
Over 175 lbs
16 - 18 oz.