For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through April 25. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Heavy Bag Kickboxing
Mix up your workout routine with our Heavy Bag Kickboxing!
- Learn the fundamentals of boxing and kickboxing
- Learn how to properly punch, kick, and strike a heavy bag
- Build your stamina and gain confidence
- Strengthen and tone your arms, legs, and core with drills and high intensity movements
- Motivating, fun, and fast paced class
Heavy Bag Kickboxing provides the opportunity for participants to experience the benefits of a great cardio workout in a dynamic environment. This is a great option for those that are looking for an effective, high quality workout with all the fun of hitting a bag!
Session 2 Registration is now closed!
All Class Information
- Class session: 6 weeks - 1 class a week
- Location: Instructional Fitness Studio (inside the GVSU Recreation Center)
- Bring GVSU ID or Rec Center Membership card for entry.
- BOXING GLOVES AND WRAPS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL CLASSES.
- $30 non-Group Exercise pass holder
- **$10 Group Exercise pass holder (must request this rate below)
- $12 glove & wrap rental (option to rent is included in registration & payment form)
Mar. 9 - Apr. 13
- 7:00 PM - 7:45 PM
- Must have gloves & wraps
Mar. 10 - Apr. 14
- 8:15 PM - 9:00 PM
- Must have glove & wraps
Mar. 11 - Apr. 15
- 6:15 PM - 7:00 PM
- Must have gloves & wraps
**Group-Ex Pass Holder Rate Request
- MUST be a valid "ALL CLASS PASS" holder for current semester.
- Submitting this request will give you access to the $10 registration fee.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the email prompt to submit your request. *Please allow at least 1 full business day for a response.
- First & Last name
- GV Student/ GV Staff / Fieldhouse Member
- 1st choice class (list day)
- 2nd choice class (list day)
There is no waitlist available at this time.
How it works:
- Those who join the waitlist will be sent the sign-up forms before they are released publicly.
- After forms go live, it is first-come, first-serve to sign up until classes reach full capacity. Anyone may join once forms are live!
Boxing Gloves & Wraps
Need Gloves? Rent here!
Rent gloves and wraps for $12 per Boxing session. Must be registered in a class to rent. Rented wraps can be picked up at the Fitness & Wellness Services office in the Recreation Center.
Gloves will be provided at class upon completion of a rental payment and agreement.
I want to purchase, but I am not sure what to get!
- Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
- Sanabull Core Series Gel Boxing Kickboxing Training Gloves
- Title Classic Pro Style Training Gloves 3.0
- 180in Meister Adult 180" Semi-Elastic Hand Wraps for MMA & Boxing
- can be found on Amazon in multiple fun colors!
- RDX Boxing Hand Wraps Inner Gloves for Punching
- Can be found on Amazon - Great for those who don't want to manually wrap!
Boxing Gloves *General Sizing Guide
Up to 100 lbs
101 - 150 lbs
12 - 14 oz.
151 - 175 lbs
14 - 16 oz.
Over 175 lbs
16 - 18 oz.