Heavy Bag Kickboxing
Heavy Bag Kickboxing Fall 2020
At this time, Heavybag Kickboxing is tentative for Fall 2020. Stay tuned for updates on this page. Please refer to our Fall 2020 fitness schedule for more ways to stay active and live healthy!
Mix up your workout routine with our Heavy Bag Kickboxing!
- Learn the fundamentals of boxing and kickboxing
- Learn how to properly punch, kick, and strike a heavy bag
- Build your stamina and gain confidence
- Strengthen and tone your arms, legs, and core with drills and high intensity movements
- Motivating, fun, and fast paced class
Heavy Bag Kickboxing provides the opportunity for participants to experience the benefits of a great cardio workout in a dynamic environment. This is a great option for those that are looking for an effective, high quality workout with all the fun of hitting a bag!
All Class Information
- Class session: 6 weeks - 1 class a week
- Location: Instructional Fitness Studio (inside the GVSU Recreation Center)
- Bring GVSU ID or Rec Center Membership card for entry.
- BOXING GLOVES AND WRAPS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL CLASSES.
- $30 non-Group Exercise pass holder
- **$10 Group Exercise pass holder (must request this rate below)
- $12 glove & wrap rental (option to rent is included in registration & payment form)
**Group-Ex Pass Holder Rate Request
- MUST be a valid "ALL CLASS PASS" holder for current semester.
- Submitting this request will give you access to the $10 registration fee.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the email prompt to submit your request. *Please allow at least 1 full business day for a response.
- First & Last name
- GV Student/ GV Staff / Fieldhouse Member
- 1st choice class (list day)
- 2nd choice class (list day)
There is no waitlist available at this time.
How it works:
- Those who join the waitlist will be sent the sign-up forms before they are released publicly.
- After forms go live, it is first-come, first-serve to sign up until classes reach full capacity. Anyone may join once forms are live!
Boxing Gloves & Wraps
Need Gloves? Rent here!
Rent gloves and wraps for $12 per Boxing session. Must be registered in a class to rent. Rented wraps can be picked up at the Fitness & Wellness Services office in the Recreation Center.
Gloves will be provided in class upon completion of rental payment and agreement.
I want to purchase, but I am not sure what to get!
- Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
- Sanabull Core Series Gel Boxing Kickboxing Training Gloves
- Title Classic Pro Style Training Gloves 3.0
- 180in Meister Adult 180" Semi-Elastic Hand Wraps for MMA & Boxing
- Flexible hold
- can be found on Amazon in multiple fun colors!
- 180in Title Hand Wraps
- Flexible - Stiff hold
- many colors and prints to choose from
- RDX Boxing Hand Wraps Inner Gloves for Punching
- Can be found on Amazon - Great for those who don't want to manually wrap!
Boxing Gloves *General Sizing Guide
Up to 100 lbs
101 - 150 lbs
12 - 14 oz.
151 - 175 lbs
14 - 16 oz.
Over 175 lbs
16 - 18 oz.