LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Heavy Bag Kickboxing
Mix up your workout routine with our Heavy Bag Kickboxing!
- Learn the fundamentals of boxing and kickboxing
- Learn how to properly punch, kick, and strike a heavy bag
- Build your stamina and gain confidence
- Strengthen and tone your arms, legs, and core with drills and high intensity movements
- Motivating, fun, and fast paced class
Heavy Bag Kickboxing provides the opportunity for participants to experience the benefits of a great cardio workout in a dynamic environment. This is a great option for those that are looking for an effective, high quality workout with all the fun of hitting a bag!
Group Exercise Format
Join us for drop in Heavy Bag Kickboxing Classes!
- Location: Instructional Fitness Studio (inside the GVSU Recreation Center)
- Boxing gloves and wraps are required at all classes and will be available to use.
Enrollment Policy - 6 Week Classes
- You are expected to attend your class weekly - you will not be refunded for missed classes.
- Please note - those who miss the first two sessions consecutively will be removed from the class so that others may join.
- This class is taught on a progression - you will learn skills and techniques to enhance your workouts as you go so your attendance is important!
Kickboxing + Strength Training
Personal Training Format
Shake up your workout routine with a blend of kickboxing and strength training led by our boxing specialized personal trainers! This individualized training program is designed to improve your fitness utilizing a combination of heavy bag kickboxing and strength training. Come work with one of our certified personal trainers. All levels are welcome!
Your choice of an individual Personal Training format or Partner Training format.
Gloves and wraps are required.
Purchase your own OR rent ours during your first appointment.
Work one-on-one with a personal trainer who will implement Kickboxing or boxing into your workout routine.
You and a friend will work with a personal trainer who will implement Kickboxing or boxing into your workout routine.
Student One-on-One Prices
- 5 sessions – $100
- 10 sessions – $200
- 15 sessions – $275
- 20 sessions - $375
Student Buddy Training Prices
- 5 sessions – $150
- 10 sessions – $275
- 15 sessions – $400
- 20 sessions - $500
Non-Student One-on-One Prices
- 5 sessions – $200
- 10 sessions – $350
- 15 sessions – $500
- 20 sessions – $675
Non-student Buddy Training Prices
- 5 sessions – $300
- 10 sessions – $550
- 15 sessions – $800
- 20 sessions – $1,000
Boxing Gloves & Wraps
How to Rent
- $8 Gloves - borrowed out each class - cleaned before and after each use
- $4 Wraps - yours to use for all of your scheduled appointments or classes
You may purchase your rental equipment at your first appointment or your first scheduled class.
Please have payment ready to go (Card only, at this time)
- GVSU RecWell agrees to rent gloves and/or wraps in working condition for the duration of client's scheduled appointments or Group Class session dates.
- Clients who purchase are subject to a $15 charge if they fail to return equipment by the date of the last scheduled appointment or group class.
- If there are any conflicts with returning equipment by the listed date please email email@example.com.
Boxing Gloves *General Sizing Guide
Up to 100 lbs
101 - 150 lbs
12 - 14 oz.
151 - 175 lbs
14 - 16 oz.
Over 175 lbs
16 - 18 oz.
If you're interested in purchasing gloves or wraps instead of renting them, we have some recommendations!
- Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
- Sanabull Core Series Gel Boxing Kickboxing Training Gloves
- Title Classic Pro Style Training Gloves 3.0
- 180in Meister Adult 180" Semi-Elastic Hand Wraps for MMA & Boxing
- Flexible hold
- can be found on Amazon in multiple fun colors!
- 180in Title Hand Wraps
- Flexible - Stiff hold
- many colors and prints to choose from
- RDX Boxing Hand Wraps Inner Gloves for Punching
- Can be found on Amazon - Great for those who don't want to manually wrap!