Heavy Bag Kickboxing
Mix up your workout routine with our Heavy Bag Kickboxing!
- Learn the fundamentals of boxing and kickboxing
- Learn how to properly punch, kick, and strike a heavy bag
- Build your stamina and gain confidence
- Strengthen and tone your arms, legs, and core with drills and high intensity movements
- Motivating, fun, and fast paced class
Heavy Bag Kickboxing provides the opportunity for participants to experience the benefits of a great cardio workout in a dynamic environment. This is a great option for those that are looking for an effective, high quality workout with all the fun of hitting a bag!
Winter 2020 Session 1 Registration
All Class Information
- Class session: 6 weeks - 1 class a week
- Location: Instructional Fitness Studio (inside the GVSU Recreation Center)
- Bring GVSU ID or Rec Center Membership card for entry.
- BOXING GLOVES AND WRAPS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL CLASSES.
- $30 non-Group Exercise pass holder
- **$10 Group Exercise pass holder (must request this rate below)
- $12 glove & wrap rental (option to rent is included in registration & payment form)
Jan. 20 - Feb. 24
- 7:00 PM - 7:45 PM
- Must have gloves & wraps
Jan. 21 - Feb. 25
- 8:15 PM - 9:00 PM
- Must have glove & wraps
Jan. 22 - Feb. 26
- 6:15 PM - 7:00 PM
- Must have gloves & wraps
**Group-Ex Pass Holder Rate Request - CLASSES ARE AT FULL CAPACITY. This form is closed.
- MUST be a valid "ALL CLASS PASS" holder for current semester.
- Submitting this request will give you access to the $10 registration fee.
Winter 2020 Session 2 Waitlist
Session 2 will start the week of March 9th and run through April 13th.
Times and days of classes are the same as Session 1.
Anyone who is not currently enrolled in Session 1 may sign up for the waitlist.
- (If you are enrolled in Session 1 right now, and join the waitlist for session 2 you will be removed.)
How it works:
- Those who join the waitlist will be sent the Session 2 sign-up forms before they are released publicly.
- After forms go live, it is first-come, first-serve to sign up for Session 2 until class fill up. Anyone may join once forms are live!
Boxing Gloves & Wraps
Need Gloves? Rent here!
Rent gloves and wraps for $12 per Boxing session. Must be registered in a class to rent. Rented wraps can be picked up at the Fitness & Wellness Services office in the Recreation Center.
Gloves will be provided at class upon completion of a rental payment and agreement.
I want to purchase, but I am not sure what to get!
- Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
- Sanabull Core Series Gel Boxing Kickboxing Training Gloves
- Title Classic Pro Style Training Gloves 3.0
- 180in Meister Adult 180" Semi-Elastic Hand Wraps for MMA & Boxing
- can be found on Amazon in multiple fun colors!
- RDX Boxing Hand Wraps Inner Gloves for Punching
- Can be found on Amazon - Great for those who don't want to manually wrap!
Boxing Gloves *General Sizing Guide
Up to 100 lbs
101 - 150 lbs
12 - 14 oz.
151 - 175 lbs
14 - 16 oz.
Over 175 lbs
16 - 18 oz.