LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Why choose personal training?
Nationally Certified Personal Trainers
Expertise, knowledge, and enthusiasm to help you reach your fitness and wellness goals
Customized exercise programs tailored to your needs using the equipment you have access to
Training sessions are now available virtually and in-person
Assistance navigating the recreation center
Now available virtually and in-person within the Recreation Center
Interested in working with one of our Certified Personal Trainers, but don't know where to start? Please follow these steps:
- Book Intake Appointment OR Complete this Personal Training Interest Form
- Complete this Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire Form before or during your intake appointment with your selected Trainer. A link to the PAR-Q is also included in your intake appointment confirmation email.
- Purchase the Personal Training Package that is right for you
Our competitively priced 60-minute training sessions are sold in packages of 5, 10, 15, and 20 sessions and include an intake appointment.
A breakdown of cost per session and per person for buddy training has been provided for your budgeting convenience.
Student One-on-One Prices
- 5 sessions – $100
- 10 sessions – $200
- 15 sessions – $275
- 20 sessions - $375
Non-Student One-on-One Prices
- 5 sessions – $200
- 10 sessions – $350
- 15 sessions – $500
- 20 sessions – $675
Student Buddy Training Prices
- 5 sessions – $150
- 10 sessions – $275
- 15 sessions – $400
- 20 sessions - $500
Non-student Buddy Training Prices
- 5 sessions – $300
- 10 sessions – $550
- 15 sessions – $800
- 20 sessions – $1,000
Each training package includes an intake appointment where:
- The trainer will review your physical activity readiness questionnaire, discuss your current health, fitness, nutrition and lifestyle status, and complete movement and postural screenings.
- The trainer will then work with you to develop specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound (S.M.A.R.T) wellness goals.
- Afterwards, the trainer will use the information from the intake appointment to develop a personalized, comprehensive training program for you through Trainerize.
- The intake appointment will be completed virtually. After the intake, training sessions can be completed virtually or in-person within the Recreation Center
Personal Training session packages can be purchased online through MindBody
- After reviewing the appropriate personal training package with your trainer, register and book your first session.
- Follow the appropriate steps to select the trainer, date, and time when you would like to book your session.
- After booking your session, you will be taken to the Online Store to select the appropriate amount of sessions at the student or non-student rate.
- Check out with your personal training package and submit by clicking the "Place Order."
*In the event of a required isolation and/or quarantine period all training packages will be completed via virtual meetings through video-based platform, such as Zoom, Skype, or FaceTime.
Program Policies and Procedures
Payment: Recreation and Wellness charges a fee for services rendered by personal trainers.
- Online - Personal training session packages can be purchased through the MindBody website when you book your appointment online.
- Personal trainers are prohibited from receiving direct payment of any kind. Payment must be received before you will be scheduled for your first personal training session.
Expiration: All personal training packages expire 120 days from the date of purchase if unused or 120 days from the last completed session. Personal training sessions are void after this time period. All personal training packages are non- refundable (see refund policy) and non-transferable.
Refund: Personal training packages are refundable only in cases of; termination of university employment; formal leave of absence and sabbaticals (documentation is required); changes in medical condition resulting in physical limitations (physician letter required). View our refund policy.
Late: If the client arrives more than 15 minutes late for the scheduled appointment, the personal trainer has the right to cancel the session. All sessions are scheduled for 60 minutes and will end one hour from the scheduled start time.
Cancellation: If you must cancel or reschedule a training session, please notify your personal trainer directly by phone and/or email at least 12 hours in advance of the scheduled training session. Personal training sessions that are not rescheduled or canceled at least 12 hours in advance by the client will result in forfeiture of the session.
Registration: Your first appointment with a Personal Training will be your Intake appointment. This will set you up for a time and date to review goals, experience, and find the Personal Training package that is right for you! Please complete the PAR-Q form (Link included in your intake appointment confirmation email) prior to your Intake Appointment.
Personal Trainers: All personal trainers must be employed by Recreation and Wellness. GVSU Recreation and Wellness holds the exclusive right to all personal training in the facility. Any personal trainers not employed by GVSU Recreation and Wellness are not permitted to train clients in our facility. If we suspect that you are training clients in our facility, you may be asked to leave or have your Recreation Center privileges revoked or suspended.
Membership: All clients participating in in-person Personal Training Services, must have a current Fieldhouse membership, be a current student, faculty or staff member.
Virtual Personal Training: Clients exclusively utilizing our virtual personal training service are not required to purchase a fieldhouse membership.