Let's face it, dorms are small, space is tight, and outdoor gear is expensive! Even if you own your own gear, it's not always practical to bring it with you to college. The solution? The Outdoor Adventure's equipment rental program! We love the outdoors and we believe that a lack of gear shouldn't be what stands between you and a great sunset.
Outdoor Equipment Rental FAQ's
The Rental Process
- Renter submits the Equipment Rental Request form AT LEAST 2 business days before pickup
- OA staff confirm availability and sends email confirmation w/ link to Payment form + waiver OR request for modification within 24 hours
- Renter completes Payment form + waiver
- Upon receipt, staff readies gear and emails renter detailed instructions for access and pickup
- Renter picks-up/ drops-off equipment as agreed
* OA Staff are not normally present at the time of pickup. Any changes to rental items or quantities must be coordinated ahead of time.
Responsibilities & Expectations
All renters are responsible for:
- Inspecting their equipment before leaving the Ravines Center & documenting issues on the Pickup form.
- Returning their equipment on time.
- Returning each item in the condition it was rented (clean, dry, & free of debris).
- Accepting all risks and responsibility for any and all claims for damages and injuries suffered while using the rented equipment.
- Repair - Fees for damage deemed to not have been caused by normal use (whether intentional or not) will be assessed for all parts and labor required to fix or replace the item (depending on the extent of the damage).
- Replacement - Fees for items lost, stolen, or not returned after 7 days past the agreed upon return date will be assessed for the full cost of the replacement plus labor. If the exact item cannot be found or is no longer available on the market, a similar item will be substituted.
- Cleaning - A $10 fee will be assessed for each item that requires cleaning or drying before being returned to storage. Exception: Due to specific laundering requirements, please do not wash or dry the sleeping bags.