LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Intramural Sports offers a variety of sports and events for participants of all skill levels in an inclusive, fun, and recreational environment. Participants can join co-rec, men's, women's, or open competition and typically play 1-2 games a week per sport.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 3,181 participants played IM Sports during the 19-20 year. These participants played a total of 18,788 times!
- IM Sports offers numerous sports and job opportunities. Participants and staff were actively involved in 1,708 games during the 19-20 school year.
- 93% of participants say IM Sports has positively impacted their physical health. 84% say it has positively impacted their stress management and mental well-being.
Games will begin in May. More specific league information will be available soon!
- Sand Volleyball
All offerings are subject to change.
Upcoming Virtual Programs
Passes are required to play.
Before a team can be created, the captain must purchase an Intramural Sports pass. A team will not be approved and confirmed in a league until the minimum number of participants required for that sport have purchased a pass and have been accepted to the team roster prior to the registration deadline.
What will it cost this semester to play?
Student Semester Passes will be FREE and will not require payment during the Winter 2021 semester. That means students can play any of our IM Sports for FREE this winter!
Faculty/Staff Semester Passes will be $15. This pass will allow faculty or staff members of GVSU to play on one team in every sport for $15.
Spring/Summer Passes will be $10 and can be purchased when registering on IMLeagues.
LEAGUE PASS - $15
- Play on one team for any sport.
- Ideal for casual IM sports participants who might only be able to commit to one team per semester.
- Purchase 2 league passes throughout the semester & be upgraded to a semester pass.
- Fall & Winter semesters only.
Semester Pass - $30
- Play every IM sport for one price!
- Participants play on one single gender or open team AND one co-rec team in all sports that are offered.
- Ideal for participants who actively play on multiple teams during the semester and those who want to try new sports.
- Fall & Winter semesters only.
Spring Pass - $15
- Play on one team in all leagues offered.
- Games are played from mid-May to mid-June
- Spring semester only.
Creating or Joining a Team
- Log in to your IMLeagues account. This will be the same as your GVSU credentials.
- Click on the “Grand Valley State University” link on the top left to go to your school’s homepage on IMLeagues.
- The current sports will be displayed; click on the sport you wish to join.
- Choose a league (Co-Rec, Men's, Women's etc).
- Choose a division (Monday 8:45 p.m., Tuesday 11:00 p.m., etc).
- Click to Create/Join the team and complete your team's registration. You will need to purchase a pass in order to complete registration.
How to Create a Team
How to Join a Team
Getting involved in Intramural Sports has impacted our students in so many ways.
Read about some of their stories, or share your experience with IM Sports!