Recreation Leadership Scholarship
The purpose of the Recreation Leadership Scholarship is to recognize and reward student leaders who are involved in recreational sports, programs, services, and activities, who demonstrate a high degree of leadership aptitudes, initiative, and dedication to University recreation.
- Recipients of this scholarship shall have been accepted for or currently enrolled at GVSU
- Must be an undergraduate student enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) in any course of study
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher
- Preference will be given to students involved in recreational sports, programs, or services offered through Recreation & Wellness or related programs
Steps to Apply
- Sign into MyScholarships
- Complete General Application
- Hover over "Opportunities" and click "Ours"
- Search "Recreation Leadership Scholarship"
- Click "Apply" and upload a PDF file answering the prompt "Please describe your career goals, connections, and involvement with the Campus Recreation Department and related programs, and how your participation relates to your leadership on campus and your experience at GVSU."
- Finish and Submit
"This scholarship has been a huge blessing as I enter my forth year at GVSU and my forth year at the rec! As much as this helps me financially, I am just as thankful for the friendships and community I have formed over the years. Your generosity is an example of the giving and hard working spirt of this campus and this school. Thank you!" - Sam Beagle, 2021-2022
"This scholarship has lightened my financial burden, which allows me to focus on learning, and RecWell has helped me feel more connected with the campus as a whole. Your generosity has inspired me to help others and give back to the community." - Caitlyn Flaherty, 2020-2021
"Being active has always been a huge part of my life, and campus Rec is a great way to escape from the class stress, while embracing and investing my time in the university that I attend and love!" - Kaylee Owczarski, 2019-2020
"Club Softball was one of the main reasons I attended GVSU. I am proud to have been a member as our team has grown and become well known nationally. Without Campus Rec, my experience would have been completely different." - Rachel Chase, 2017-2018
Sarah Laurenz, 2023-2024
Zoe Schultz & Jamie Sullivan, 2022-2023
Samuel Beagle, 2021-2022
Caitlin Flaherty, 2020-2021
Kaylee Owczarski, 2019-2020
Malia Brooks, 2018-2019
Rachael Chase, 2017-2018
To donate to the Recreation Leadership Scholarship, please visit our Giving page under "Funds to Support."