Study Abroad Options
Study abroad for Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 are cancelled.
Please watch for possible Spring/Summer 2021 options. Visit the Padnos International Center website for more information.
There are three different ways to study abroad and get credit towards the Honors program:
1) You can go on one of the Honors faculty-led programs. Currently there are two such opportunities:
- Haiti Program: Water, Environmental Issues and Service Learning. For even more information about the Haiti program, click here.
- Israel Program: Historical, Geographic, and Social Contexts of the Bible. Explore geographic and historical contexts of the Bible and how biblical interpretations continue to influence the social-political world today. Field trips include the Wailing Wall, Sea of Galilee, Dor, Ein Gedi, Qumran, Petra, Megiddo, Jericho, Bethlehem, the Dead Sea, and much, much more.
2) You may substitute a course you take abroad for an Honors requirement such as a Social Science course or a Junior Seminar. See the curriculum checklist for options. You must get approval from the director of the Honors College to make such a substitution.
3) Alternatively, you may participate one of these "study away" programs:
Please visit our map for an interactive way to view where students have studied abroad, to learn about their experiences, and to contribute your own information!
For a sense of what some students have been doing and seeing, see the following blogs and videos:
For more information about available programs, contact the Meijer Honors College Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 331-3219, or the Padnos International Center, email email@example.com or call (616) 331-3898.
If you are looking for possible additional funding please visit the Frederik Meijer Office of Fellowships for more information.