Vision, Mission, and Strategies
"Providing faculty support for innovative digital learning, transforming teaching with technology, and quality education"
The Information Technology (IT) Division has prepared our Digital Transformation (DX) Strategy in support of GVSU’s Reach Higher 2025 and IT's strategic initiatives. The three pillars of the Digital Transformation Strategy include:
- Service Excellence and Greater University Support
- Modernization of Enterprise Solutions
- Accelerating Transformation through Innovation
Modernization of our learning management system (moving to Blackboard Ultra Courses) is our number one priority for the 2022-2023 academic year. Refer to the LMS migration website for historical and timely information on our migration efforts.
GVSU and eLearning Technologies will be nationally recognized as a leader in the application of innovative instructional technologies that facilitate the next generation of teaching and learning.
eLearning Technologies is dedicated to supporting faculty, contributing to teaching excellence, and enhancing student success through exemplary instructional design, effective application and integration of instructional technologies, interactive digital media development, administration, and enhancement of the university’s enterprise learning management system (Blackboard), and the deployment of innovative emerging technologies.
Focus Areas and Strategies
- Coordinate Resources
- Share Best Practices
- Ensure Course Quality
- Generate Economies of Scale
- Collect, Analyze, Evaluate Data
- Digital Transformation
- Leverage exemplary instructional design and instructional technologies to: create pedagogically sound and learner centered instruction, improve and ensure course quality, enhance faculty effectiveness, and to increase student success and retention.
- Accelerate the evaluation, implementation, and application of educational technologies to transform teaching and learning by coordinating resources, assisting, equipping, and empowering faculty and students.
- Partner with faculty, staff, and students, to showcase, advocate, and increase awareness of the effective application of innovative instructional technologies through sharing best practices.
- Develop interactive digital learning and media courseware and resources to enhance teaching and improve student learning.
- Advance the capabilities and adoption of the university’s enterprise course management system (Blackboard) to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of content delivery, assessment, and communication to support innovative teaching and learner engagement.
- Build institutional capacity to: integrate and implement technologies into teaching and learning practices, generate economies of scale, and increase their deployment across the institution.
- Investigate, acquire, test, prototype, pilot, research, and evaluate cutting-edge emerging technologies that have the potential to transform education, enhance teaching, and improve student learning.
- Survey, collect data, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of instructional technologies, services, and support.
"Supporting faculty pursuing innovation in teaching and learning."