The Writing Center uses an online scheduling system called Book It. This web-based program was custom built by the GVSU web development team to improve features and integrate all peer-to-peer Knowledge Market services (Writing Center, Speech Lab, Library Research Center, Digital Resource Center) with a single sign on. Below is a brief summary of the new and continuing features of Book It, as well as some resources that help illustrate how to access our services through this online platform.
Book It includes the ability to:
- Schedule appointments for online or in physical locations
- Drop-in for virtual sessions (for first come/first serve consulting)
- Schedule group appointments for yourself and group members
- Upload assignment sheets, rubrics, or papers when scheduling appointments
- Integrate email support services through The Writing Center (replacing online web form)
- Automatically send session summaries of consultations to your GVSU email account
With our new scheduling system, you can continue to:
- Login with your GVSU account, the same way you would with Blackboard
- Connect sessions to specific courses/faculty
- Work with a simple user interface
Book It Resources
To help you navigate this scheduling software, we have created resources that help illustrate how to access Book It, make an appointment, and join the virtual drop-in queue. Here, you will find different screencap walkthroughs and a video demonstration on how to access our services.
Still have questions? Contact us!
Additional Online Services
Some writing center services are designed to support specific student populations. You can learn more about some of our unique services through exploring the buttons below.