This page explains the benefits, characteristics, and qualifications for using our email service. We offer many different ways in which consultants can assist student writers -- email is one of our most limited services, reserved for clients based on need. Continue reading to learn about this service and whether it's right for your process.
**Note: as the semester nears its end, email submissions tend to increase; therefore, the writing center is dedicated to getting papers back within the 72 hour window, but some back-up is to be expected. Be sure to take long waits and long lines into consideration when submitting papers through our email service -- it is still first come, first served.
Who can use the Email Service?
An Email Consultation is a great tool for writers...
- who don't have access to our physical campus locations or whose schedules prevent them from accessing other online or evening service options
- who are graduate students and have longer more demanding assignments
- who are recent graduates of GVSU and need writing support applying for jobs or gaining admission into professional and/or graduate school
- who are exclusively taking online classes
- who are taking hybrid courses that only meet in person at the beginning of the semester (such as AHS 301, 321, 340, 495)
- who are stationed off-campus, studying abroad or attending one of our satellite campuses (Traverse City, Muskegon, Holland, or Detroit)
What makes an Email Consultation different?
Email consultations, unlike all of our other services, are not synchronous; meaning, writers are asked to submit their papers using our web form. Consultants are, then, given 72 hours to respond with feedback, and the papers are returned to the student with written feedback based on areas of concern highlighted by the writer or based on areas noticed by the consultant during their 1 hour of review/reading time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When will I get my paper back after submitting the web form?
First, every paper submitted receives one hour of attention. This hour happens on a first come, first served basis - meaning, our consultants work through the submission list and return papers in order of receiving them.
Second, all papers are returned to the writer within 72 hours of submission. If you do not receive your paper back within those 96 hours, please contact us.
Third, if you submit your paper during our open-hours, the 72 hours will begin immediately upon submission. If you submit your paper during our closed-hours (weekends, holidays, breaks, etc.), the 72 hours will begin upon the next open-hour post your submission.
How many times can I submit in a week?
Students are limited to 1 submission at a time.
We have a limited staff for reviewing email submissions, the feedback they provide is often in-depth, and we want to provide equal service to as many students as possible. We require, therefore, that writers limit submissions so that A) our staff can provide the most helpful feedback possible and B) you can address all feedback before resubmitting or overloading yourself with revisions across multiple assignments.
How long can my submissions be?
Consultants are trained to provide in-depth feedback in an hour's worth of reading and typically cover 10-12 pages.
If you submit something longer than 10-12 pages, you may be asked to submit the later pages for further feedback.
Consultants are trained to provide feedback like...
- Provocative questions relating to content, tone, research (quantity, validity, credibility, etc), argument (style, depth, credibility, etc.), organization, readability (sentence level grammar), and depth of analysis.
- Suggestions for additional support via the helpful handouts, Purdue OWL, Library resources, etc.
- Noticing patterns of error that require the writer's attention (comma usage, subject/verb agreement, tone, etc.).
- Clear and specific readership experience notes -- observations on how it felt to read the document, what questions came to mind, and impressions from the text.
Consultants are NOT expected to...
- Proofread or edit papers (for a list of professional proofreaders, please contact us).
- Re-write any area of the paper for the writer.
- Read papers for more than 1 hour at a time (this usually means that submissions longer than 10-15 pages will need to be resubmitted for further attention).
- Offer an evaluation of the text -- provide grades or general assessment (i.e. "This is a good/bad draft").
Have other questions? Stop in and visit! Or call us at 331-2922.