LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Apply to be a Writing Consultant
The Writing Center applications for the 2022-2023 academic year are due Friday March 18th, 2022 (either online or turned in to LOH 120).
More information about our work, hiring process, and training are available below. If you have any questions about our hiring process please contact the Writing Center Director - Patrick Johnson (email@example.com).
Students of all majors are invited and encouraged to apply!
The benefits of working as a writing consultant include the following:
- Flexible scheduling: we work around your classes, clubs, and other professional and social obligations.
- $11.07 per hour (undergrads): your first semester as a consultant, we require that you maintain a work schedule of at least 8 hours a week.
- $12.97 per hour (grads): your first semester as a consultant, we require that you maintain a work schedule of at least 8 hours a week.
- On-campus employment: we have Writing Center locations in Allendale and Downtown (COVID permitting)
- Resume building opportunities
- Friendly, comfortable work environment
- Work closely with students and faculty
- Learn to help people
- Build communication skills
- Research opportunities
- Conference opportunities
- Gain writing skills/strategies
Frequently Asked Questions
Forms & More Information
If you want more in-depth questions with more developed answers about the application, the position, the work of a writing consultant, and the process of learning how to be a consultant, click: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS