Spiritual Wellness is about understanding your own values and beliefs and taking time to deepen your spirituality (perhaps by learning about other religions, using your beliefs to guide your decisions, or finding a peaceful place to reflect). Spiritual wellness often explores living life with meaning and purpose.
Be Spiritually Well
7 Characteristics of Spiritually Well People
- Developing a purpose in life.
- Having the ability to spend reflective time alone.
- Taking time to reflect on the meaning of events in life.
- Having a clear sense of right and wrong, and acting accordingly.
- Having the ability to explain why you believe what you believe.
- Caring and acting for the welfare of others and the environment.
- Being able to practice forgiveness and compassion in life.
Improving Spiritual Wellness
- Allow yourself time alone.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Pray, reflect, or meditate.
- Get involved in your community.
- Practice activities that allow you to slow down.
Explore your Spiritual Core
College offers you a time to explore who you are as a person.
- Who am I?
- What is my purpose?
- What do I value most?
Let this exploration lead you to learn more about yourself and help you feel happy and fulfilled.
Spend Time Alone
The best way to get to know yourself? Spend time alone.
Take time to:
- Get outside
Whatever you choose, being by yourself regularly allows you to become comfortable in your own skin and with your own values and beliefs.
See and Appreciate Uniqueness
You may meet people on campus with different values and beliefs from your own, but that doesn’t mean there is right or wrong. A spiritually well person can be themselves and allow those around them to be themselves, too. By taking opportunities to understand those around you, you can grow in your own spiritual wellness.