Intellectual Wellness includes exercising your mind like you exercise your body. It can be your educational journey through life including formal classroom learning as well as your hobbies or interests (students orgs, art, reading, learning a new sport, etc.) where you take part in discussions or conversations that you find interesting with others.
Be Intellectually Well
6 Characteristics of Intellectually Well People
- Development of good study skills and time management.
- Ability to challenge yourself to see all sides of an issue.
- Becoming a critical thinker.
- Development of your own ideas, views, and opinions.
- Exposing yourself to new ideas, people, and beliefs that are different from your own.
- Become aware of who you are and what you value.
Improving Intellectual Wellness
- Learn a new skill.
- Do a puzzle or brain teaser.
- Read a good book or listen to music you enjoy.
- Reach out to professors and campus resources for help.
Participate in Cultural Events
Both campus and the Grand Rapids area are full of events that provide new, unique experiences from various cultures and backgrounds.
- Wander around Grand Rapids during ArtPrize
- Appreciate the symphony at DeVos Performance Hall
- Attend a performance by the GVSU Department of Music, Theatre, and Dance.
An important step in achieving intellectual wellness is getting academic help when you need it. The Tutoring Center on campus is here for you to become a self-directed, independent learner by helping you to understand content that may be difficult through practice and study techniques.