Occupational Wellness is your involvement in activities like volunteering, employment, or career preparation. It also includes your balance between these things and the time you have for things you enjoy like friends, exercising, or whatever you do to relax.
Be Occupationally Well
7 Characteristics of Occupational Well People
- Doing work that you find motivating and interesting.
- Understanding how to balance leisure with work.
- Working in a way that fits into your personal learning style.
- Communicating and collaborating with others.
- Working independently and with others.
- Feeling inspired and challenged.
- Feeling good at the end of the day about the work you accomplished.
Improving Occupational Wellness
- Choose a major that you find interesting and meaningful.
- Take advantage of internships, study abroad, and volunteer work opportunities.
- Find a balance between work and relaxation.
Work Life Balance
When everything is a priority, your wellness is at risk. Be sure to practice balance in your school work, job work, and life (work).
Explore Career and Major Options
Whether you know your major or future career aspirations, or if you’re undecided, it’s important to explore your options. GVSU has so much to offer and the world is full of career options. Let the Career Center help you discover the possibilities.