LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out information about COVID-19
Handshake is a powerful online resource connecting GVSU students & alumni to top employers and career resources, and employers to top GVSU candidates. Whether you are looking for an internship, a part-time job or to land in your first destination, Handshake can help! And the more you use Handshake, the smarter it gets. As the system gets to know your needs, it can deliver more current and relevant content directly to your feed. Check back often, as new opportunities are constantly being added.
Students & Alumni
All undergraduate and graduate students who have registered for classes should have a Handshake profile linked to their student email. Log in to Handshake using your GVSU network credentials.
**Seeking a resume review? All resume reviews are now done on a drop-in basis in our CareerLab (in-person and virtual options). You will no longer see resume review as an appointment type in Handshake.**
As Lakers for a Lifetime, alumni continue to have access to the power of Handshake. Recent graduates can access Handshake by logging in with their GVSU network credentials. Alumni who do not find an existing Handshake profile associated with their email can follow these instructions to create a new Handshake profile.
- Need to reset your password? Visit https://www.gvsu.edu/passwordreset.
- Need further assistance accessing you network credentials? Contact (616) 331-2101 or visit http://gvsu.edu/it/
- Need additional help? Contact email@example.com or call (616) 331-6708
Handshake offers employers the ability to post jobs, track applicants, schedule on-campus interviews and register for career fairs and events. Additionally, Handshake offers expanded recruitment potential:
- Managing all your campuses with Handshake at no cost
- Search for qualified student and alumni candidates
- A mobile experience - update your job postings, view applicants, and more while on the go using Handshake's responsive design
Faculty/Staff can access Handshake to help in providing career advising to students you work with (viewing jobs and career events, etc). Faculty/staff accounts will be created upon request.