Important Membership Information
- Memberships fees are NON REFUNDABLE.
- ALUMNI: To qualify for an Alumni membership you must have graduated from GVSU or received 60 credits or more of GVSU coursework.
- FACULTY/STAFF: Faculty/Staff access to the Rec Center is free and can be accessed with a valid GVSU-issued ID. To gain access for household members, faculty/staff must be benefit eligible and any family members considered for membership must be household members, spouses, or dependents.
- STUDENT HOUSEHOLD MEMBER & DEPENDENTS: Students must be taking classes during the current semester. Qualifying family members include benefit-eligible spouses, dependents, and household members. Parents and siblings do not qualify and only 1 semester can be purchased at a time.
- PROOF OF DEPENDENCY is required for all dependents over the age of 18 for family memberships.
- To prove dependency, please provide a copy of a current fully enrolled class schedule from an accredited school or a current tax form showing them listed as a dependent.
- Documentation can be emailed to Nicole Brower at [email protected].
- Your membership application will be processed within approximately two weeks of your purchase date. When your membership application has been processed, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Anyone aged 2 years and ver will receive a card.
- Age requirements of for using the facility:
- 14 years of age & up are permitted to workout alone in the Cardio Room, Free-Weight Room, and/or Selectorized Weight Room.
- 13 years of age and under are not permitted to use any equipment. Usage of the courts and pool with adult supervision ARE permitted.
- If you have a child that is 12 or 13 years of age and you want to give them permission to use the above equipment, we have a liability form that you must complete prior to your child using this equipment.
- Racquetball Courts are free with a membership.
- Membership does NOT include the use of the climbing center (separate fee). Students, however, receive free entry with a valid student ID.
- Membership does NOT include free access to any GVSU Athletic events.
Membership Applications and Renewals
Please select the button associated with your application for a new membership or a renewal.
*Falsified information provided at the time of application can lead to a withdrawal of membership privileges with no refund.
Community and Alumni Member Membership Photos
If you do not have an existing membership card, we will need a photo in order to produce you with an ID card. Photos can be emailed to [email protected] or submitted using the button below. Images should be clear portraying persons without sunglasses or hats.