For the health and safety of the Grand Valley community, remote academic instruction will continue through June 17. The Admissions office is available to answer calls Mon.-Fri. from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 616-331-2025 or 1-800-748-0246 or email email@example.com. Additional instructions and updates at www.gvsu.edu/coronavirus
Important Membership Information
- Memberships fees are NON REFUNDABLE.
- ALUMNI: To qualify for an Alumni membership you must have graduated from GVSU or received 60 credits or more of GVSU coursework.
- FACULTY/STAFF: Must be benefit eligible to qualify for your spouse and/or dependents for the $20.00/card membership.
- STUDENT SPOUSE & DEPENDENTS: Students must be taking classes during the current semester. Only 1 semester can be purchased at a time.
- PROOF OF DEPENDENCY is required for all dependents over the age of 18 for family memberships.
- To prove dependency, please provide a copy of a current fully enrolled class schedule from an accredited school or a current tax form showing them listed as a dependent.
- Documentation can be emailed to Nicole Brower at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to our department at 616-331-3225, or dropped off at the Recreation Center welcome desk.
- Your membership application will be processed within approximately two weeks of your purchase date. When your membership application has been processed, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to you containing your new expiration date or directions on picking up your membership card. If new membership cards are needed for your membership they will be made available to you at the main welcome desk of the Recreation Center. A valid photo ID must be presented at the time of pick-up to verify the membership.
- Anyone over the age of 2 and over will receive a card.
- Age requirements of using the facility:
- 14 years of age & up are permitted to workout alone in the Cardio Room, Free-Weight Room, and/or Selectorized Weight Room.
- 13 years of age and under are not permitted to use any equipment. Usage of the courts and pool with adult supervision ARE permitted.
- If you have a child that is 12 or 13 years of age and you want to give them permission to use the above equipment, we have a liability form that you must complete prior to your child using this equipment.
- Racquetball Courts are free with a membership before 5 pm on weekdays, otherwise there is a $3.00 charge per reservation.
- Membership does NOT include use of the climbing center (separate fee). Students however receive free entry with valid student ID.
- Membership does NOT include free access to any GVSU Athletic events.
I have read the membership requirement above and all of the information I filled out on the application will be accurate. If the Rec Center finds any falsification in the information on the application, it may lead to a withdrawal of membership privileges with no refund. Please click on the link below to start your application process.
After you have submitted your membership application, we need membership photos in order to process your membership ID cards. Photos can be taken in person at the recreation center main welcome desk or can be submitted online. Please click on the link below to submit your membership photos online.