Graduate Programs

Program Advising

Students planning to take graduate courses for a masters degree, professional certificate, administrator certificate, license, or endorsement should meet with an academic advisor for a planned program. To schedule an appointment, contact the College of Education Student Information and Services Center (SISC) at (616) 331-6650 or

To obtain a M.Ed., students must successfully complete the university requirements for a graduate degree, the College of Education's foundations requirements, and the requirements in one emphasis area under a degree program (educational technology, higher education, instruction and curriculum, educational leadership, literacy studies, school counseling or special education).

Graduate Degree Programs

School Counseling (M.Ed.)

Educational Specialist in Leadership (Ed.S.)

Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership (Ph.D.)

Graduate Certificates (non-teaching)

Graduate Endorsements

The College of Education offers endorsements at the graduate level for students who already hold a Michigan Teaching Certificate. Students can earn an endorsement in the following:

Endorsement in School Counseling

Additional Endorsements

For additional content area endorsements that may be added to a current teaching certificate, visit the CLAS Academic Advising Center's Endorsements page.

Page last modified November 16, 2017