LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Education, Educational Leadership, M.Ed.
The master's degree in educational leadership program provides aspiring educational leaders with clinical experiences, case methods of teaching, and pragmatic curriculum geared to the specific knowledge required for success in school-level leadership for pre-K through grade 12. This program is designed to prepare aspiring leaders with specific knowledge required for school level leadership success and impact.
The Educational Leadership program prepares educators to serve as leaders in school buildings and in some cases, districts. The emphasis areas focus on effective leadership, curriculum organization and improvement, personnel administration, finance, law, assessment, instructional leadership, and more. Additionally, there is an emphasis on theory to application and relevancy to the practices most important for effective educational leadership.
Why Study Educational Leadership at Grand Valley?
- The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional educators.
- Faculty members have extensive K-12 teaching and administrative backgrounds.
- The program curriculum provides a high-quality blend of educational theory and practical application in the field.
- Flexible hybrid classes offered evenings, weekends, and during summer make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered in an online format.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.