Education, Educational Leadership, M.Ed.
The master's degree in educational leadership program provides aspiring educational leaders with clinical experiences, case methods of teaching, and pragmatic curriculum geared to the specific knowledge required for success in preK-12 school level leadership. This program is designed to prepare aspiring leaders with specific knowledge required for school level leadership success and impact.
The Educational Leadership program prepares educators to serve as leaders in school buildings and in some cases, districts. The emphasis areas focus on effective leadership, curriculum organization and improvement, personnel administration, finance, law, assessment, instructional leadership, and more. Additionally, there is an emphasis on theory to application and relevancy to the practices most important for effective educational leadership.
Why Study Educational Leadership at Grand Valley?
- The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional educators.
- Faculty members have extensive K-12 teaching and administrative backgrounds. The leadership curriculum is an excellent blend of theory and practical application.
- The College of Education's Student Information and Services Center provides centralized services for advising, program planning, field placement, and certification.
- Flexible hybrid classes offered evenings, weekends, and during summer make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered in an online format.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.