Education, Instruction and Curriculum, M.Ed. - Secondary Education emphasis
The Master of Education program in instruction and curriculum with an emphasis in secondary education allows educators to gain master's-level understanding and content specialization in secondary education. This prepares educators to be leaders in middle and high schools in 6th grade through 12th grade.
This program is designed for teachers who wish to develop their skills and competencies in teaching secondary school students.
Aside from the M.Ed. degree, other education programs are available. Visit gvsu.edu/coe/grad for details.
Why Study Instruction and Curriculum at Grand Valley?
- The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional renewal and development of educators.
- The College of Education's Student Information and Services Center provides centralized assistance for advising, field placement, and certification.
- Flexible classes offered evenings, weekends, and during summer make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered online.
- Faculty members are leaders in their fields, melding together the philosophy of education and students' needs as practitioners.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association