LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Education, Instruction and Curriculum, M.Ed. - Elementary Education emphasis
The Master of Education program in instruction and curriculum with an emphasis in elementary education allows educators to gain graduate-level understanding and content specialization in elementary education. This prepares educators to be leaders in elementary schools in kindergarten through 8th grade.
This program helps teachers continue their professional growth and advance in competence in their work in elementary school classrooms. The program may be used to develop an academic specialization of work with elementary school children or to explore a field of specialization for present or future professional goals.
Aside from the M.Ed. degree, other education programs are available. Visit gvsu.edu/education/grad for details.
Why Study Instruction and Curriculum at Grand Valley?
- The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional renewal and development of educators.
- The College of Education and Community Innovation's Student Information and Services Center provides centralized assistance for advising, field placement, and certification.
- Flexible classes offered evenings, weekends, and during summer make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered online.
- Faculty members are leaders in their fields, melding together the philosophy of education and students' needs as practitioners.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.