LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Some majors at GVSU require you to apply to the program itself; this is called a secondary admit program. These majors may require a certain GPA, or may accept a limited number of students and thus have a competitive application process. Parallel plans create options in the event that an application is not accepted or the student decides to choose a different career path.
When Should I Create A Parallel Plan?
If you are a GVSU student applying to secondary admit programs you should be meeting with one of our career counselors to parallel plan. We recommend developing a parallel plan as early as possible when pursuing these majors.
Programs you should be creating a parallel plan for include:
- Radiologic Imaging Sciences
- Graduate school
How Will Parallel Planning Help Me?
Parallel planning appointments can help you:
- Set up an alternative academic and career plan
- Learn about your academic and career options
- Assist you with career exploration
- Learn what careers you can pursue with the various majors
- Help with decision making and career preparation
- Connect you to on and off campus resources to assist with their career planning
Schedule a parallel planning appointment through Handshake (select Appointments under the Career Center tab on the top toolbar), or by calling (616) 331-3311.