LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward. Learn about campus safety measures including testing, face coverings and vaccines.
Recruitment at GVSU
Thank you for your interest in recruiting talented Grand Valley State University students and alumni. We look forward to working with you to help fulfill all your recruitment needs!
Effective recruiting is a year-round process. Successful organizations are the ones who are regularly on-campus, make a long-term commitment, and take the time to understand where their engagement can be most impactful. By interacting with your organization frequently, students and faculty/staff members gain a good understanding of your organizational needs and culture, and become more apt to refer well-suited students your way.
Why Recruit at GVSU?
Grand Valley State University enrolls nearly 25,000 students annually into 132 degree programs across eight colleges, assuring you have access to a wide variety of well-prepared and talented candidates. A strong liberal education serves as the foundation of all our programs, fostering critical thinking, creative problem solving, and cultural understanding you want and need from your employees.
Increase Your Campus Visibility
Strategies to consider for maximizing your campus involvement include:
- Building a solid internship or co-op program. These are among the best recruitment tools available. Give students great work experiences and they become your ambassadors on campus!
- Participating in career fairs is a great way to connect with GVSU’s talented undergraduate and graduate students.
- Sponsoring career events offers even greater brand awareness and access to well-qualified students.
- Tabling in a high traffic location on either the Allendale or the Pew downtown Campus is a great way to raise brand awareness and reach students.
- Conducting on-campus interviews for full-time jobs, internships, co-ops and summer/seasonal work.
- Investing in the colleges that are training and educating your future employees by making your company available for presentations, speeches, and meetings with student organizations.
- Helping students develop their job search skills by presenting on a career development topic or facilitating simulated interviews.