LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
On-Campus & Virtual Interviews
For the the 2021-22 academic year, interviews may be conducted on-campus or virtually. We encourage you to use Handshake and its scheduling capabilities for either option. Through Handshake, you may request a date, manage your interview schedule(s), and allow students to sign up for interview times that work for them. Or, if you prefer to use your own system to schedule, please advertise your interview date, job posting(s) and application period to students on Handshake, and provide links for students to connect to the platform you're using for the remote interviews. We can also assist students and alumni with reserving a quiet and professional space to interview if need be.
Be sure to book your dates early, as this service is very popular. Once your request has been made, we will work to ensure your request is fulfilled and contact you with any additional information.
Scheduling Interviews on Handshake
Use Handshake to make scheduling your interviews easier than ever! You can request specific dates, list your opportunities, manage applicants, and connect with students through one interface. To make your request for an on-campus interview:
- Log in at gvsu.joinhandshake.com. If this is your first time using Handshake, you will need to create an account first. For additional information, please read Getting Started with Handshake: Employers.
- Once logged in, click on Request Interview from the main dashboard.
- Select GVSU as your school.
- Select preferred interview date(s) and time(s) and the number of rooms you require.
- Select your preferred schedule type (see below) and your schedule timeslot template.
- Select an existing job or create a new job you want to interview for. Please note, you can attach a job at a later time to an existing interview schedule. However, your schedule won't go "live" to students until you attach a job.
- Review your information and submit your request.
There are many ways to set up your on-campus interviewing schedule.
- Open Schedule – An open schedule allows any applicant that meets your screening criteria to submit their resume and sign up for an interview time.
- Preselect Schedule – A preselect schedule allows you to set candidate screening criteria, review resumes and "invite" candidates you select to an interview. Applicants then select their available times to interview.
- Preselect Continuous - Preselect continuous allows you to review interview requests and make interview decisions on an ongoing basis. Students can sign up as soon as an interview decision has been made for their interview request.
- Rooms Only - Use rooms only to have us reserve interview rooms. We provide the room to interview and you take care of the rest. This is great option for holding interviews in a short time frame.