CareerLab & Appointments
Need a resume reviewed or advice on how to start one? Have some questions about using Handshake, or LinkedIn? Curious about what you can do with your major? Drop into CareerLab!
Looking for personalized advice and information regarding your career plan? Interested in conducting a practice interview? Need networking advice related to your internship or job search? Schedule an appointment with your Career Advisor!
CareerLab is a peer-to-peer and career advisor led drop-in program that allows individual career consultation without an appointment during Fall and Winter academic sessions. You are encouraged to bring a copy of your resume, your laptop and stay as long as you need.
The schedule below will begin the first week of classes.
Location: 200 Student Services Building | Monday - Friday |11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Monday - Thursday | 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday | 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Individual Career Appointments
Individual career appointments are available in each Career Center location and virtually, for undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni and can be scheduled online through Handshake!
How to Schedule Appointments
- Log in to your Handshake account.
- Choose Career Center, then Appointments, then Schedule a New Appointment.
- Select a career advising category
- Choose the category that best aligns with your area of study OR
- Choose the category that best describes the industry you would like to work in OR
- Choose one or more of the categories you would like to explore OR
- Stop by the CareerLab to discuss your options OR
- Call the Career Center at 616-331-3311 to discuss your options
- Select an appointment type most related to the reason you would like to meet with an advisor and the medium (phone, zoom, in person) that best suits your needs.
- BEST NEWS EVER—You can’t make a wrong choice. All of our career advisors can help you move forward in your career activity and often they will refer you to others in the Career Center network to build on the momentum once you get started. WE CAN’T WAIT TO MEET YOU!
You will receive an email notification when the appointment has been approved as well as reminder emails prior to your visit. Should you need to cancel your appointment at any time, simply log back into Handshake, click Career Center in the top navigation, select the Appointments tab, and click the "Cancel" button within the appointment you wish to cancel.
If you are unable to find a time and location that fits your needs, please call our office at (616) 331-3311 and we'd be happy to help.