Networking is about making connections and gaining information. It’s also a great way to personally and professionally embed yourself into a community.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE AND AFTER A PROFESSIONAL INTERACTION
Identify your own goals. What are you hoping to learn during this conversation? Is there information you are seeking or do you have a request for action?
Follow-up is KEY! Make a follow-up plan, and use it. This could include calling, emailing, connecting on LinkedIn, or even scheduling another time to meet.
- Attend an event to network with employers and absorb expert advice!
- Helpful networking information from our Pinterest page
- Preparing for a Career Fair
- How to conduct an informational interview
- How to network in a virtual space