Student Safety During COVID-19
All in-person Writing Center locations are CLOSED due to COVID-19. Please visit our Online Services page to learn more about the virtual consultation options available to you.
During this unprecedented time, the Fred Meijer Center for Writing and Michigan Authors wants to reassure you that while the safety of faculty, staff, and students is at the forefront of our minds, we are still here and ready to collaborate with you. Whether it be an essay, resume, research paper, dissertation, or blog post, we will do our best to meet you where you are - whether that be across the table or through virtual means. We look forward to continuing our mission of supporting you and your writing, and we hope to see you soon!
Please read on to learn more about the Writing Center's current safety procedures in our physical locations, our hours of operation, virtual services, and more.
In response to COVID-19, the Writing Center's physical locations will be following safety and cleaning procedures in order to help protect the campus community as well as our staff. Beginning in the Fall 2020 semester, the Writing Center will be adopting:
- Cleaning of surfaces, technology, and consulting spaces after each individual use
- Plexiglass barriers between student authors and writing consultants
- All Writing Center staff and students coming in for consultations will be required to wear a face covering (disposable masks will be provided)
- Unless a plexiglass barrier is used, the Writing Center will require continued use of social distancing between all persons
- Amenities such as coffee, tea, candy, printing, and student work stations are suspended until further notice
We will continue to update our cleaning and safety procedures in reflection of GVSU's policies and as we see fit in order to best protect all individuals using our services.
Here to Help You
Due to COVID-19, the Writing Center has moved all of its services to an online format. We are here to help and have a variety of ways that we can meet to work together. For more information, you can visit our Online Services page or browse through the information below.
Online Service Options
For further questions regarding our safety procedures, online services, and other information about the Writing Center, please email Patrick Johnson, Writing Center Director (firstname.lastname@example.org).