Jobs & Internships
West Michigan Environmental Action Council Internships
West Michigan Environmental Action Council (WMEAC) is accepting applications for various internship positions.
- Animator - WMEAC has a new "stormwater rock" song, and we are looking for an animator to work with us on creating and publication of a video
- Policy Intern - WMEAC is looking for an intern with an interest and background in politics, policy, and environmental issues to build and assist WMEAC’s Policy Committee and Program staff. Intern will support WMEAC’s various water quality, policy, and clean energy programs and projects. Attendance of WMEAC events is also expected, when the intern’s schedule permits. Intern will work out of the WMEAC office, but a flexible schedule of 15-20 hours per week will be arranged by intern and staff as much of the work can be done independently. Intern will receive a $500 stipend at the conclusion of the internship.
- Water Fellow - The Matilda M. and Harold D. Crane Foundation Endowed Water Fellow will serve as program support for WMEAC’s water research, education, behavior change, and action programs and initiatives. The primary role of the Water Fellow will be to participate in research and program development, and administrative activities to support WMEAC’s water programs, with the intended goal of providing learning and leadership opportunities that contribute to the professional development of the Water Fellow. Additional duties include serving the community by delivering presentations and interactive activities to interested student, faith based, and/or civic groups about water quality issues, with the goal of funneling new volunteers into opportunities for action for WMEAC’s water protection programs.
For more open internships and application information, visit https://wmeac.org/internships/
Annis Water Resources Institute - Grand Valley State University
GVSU Sustainable Agriculture Project Internships
GVSU's Sustainable Agriculture Project (SAP) offers many interdisciplinary internships. For current openings and more information, please visit https://www.gvsu.edu/sustainableagproject/internships-21.htm.
ATTRA Sustainability Internship/Apprenticeship Database
ATTRA has a great, long-running internship and apprenticeship database that is free for students to use.
Political and Environmental Internship with Impact
Impact is a non-profit program of leading advocacy organizations, including Environment America and USPIRG. Impact is hiring interns to work on the ground to create the grassroots energy and power that it takes to win! Interns will have the opportunity to participate in national campaign briefings and activist skills training, all while getting in-state experience and mentorship from their lead campaign organizer.
Apply online at weareimpact.org
A completed application includes the following:
- A one-page personal statement describing your reasons for seeking an internship with Impact and what you hope to gain from the experience
- A resume outlining your educational, professional, and volunteer experiences