LAKERS TOGETHER: Find out how we're moving forward.
Campus Sustainability Advisory Council
The GVSU Campus Sustainability Advisory Council (CSAC) was formed in 2014, and was made up of 25+ faculty and staff members including representatives from all eight colleges and a wide variety of units and divisions. The CSAC focuses on planning and advancing sustainability as a campus-wide goal and value at GVSU.
Chris Plouff, Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs, and Yumi Jakobcic, Director of the Office of Sustainability Practices, serve as co-chairs.
The preliminary charter of the CSAC is to provide support and direction for:
- Developing a vision for the Office of Sustainability Practices that is more student focused where GVSU campuses are seen as learning laboratories for GVSU students and community members
- Establishing a sustainable lifestyle on campus that is embraced in the everyday work of faculty, staff, and students
- Promoting university-wide communications, coordination, and planning of sustainability related programs and activities
- Integrating sustainability programs and activities into the University 2016-2021 Strategic Plan
The CSAC is made up of 10 specific workgroup areas, which meet as needed throughout the year.
- Building/Landscaping - Scott Whisler
- Community Engagement - Travus Burton
- Energy/Water Management - Terry Pahl
- ESD - Elena Lioubimtseva
- Finance/Purchasing - Kim Patrick
- Food Systems - Colin Yonkers
- Health/Wellness - Lindsey DesArmo
- Student Affairs - Eric Stevens
- Transportation - Chris Swank
- Waste Management - Janet Aubil