LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Disassociation or Removal of an Organization
Dissolution results in the removal of the registered status of a Registered Student Organization (RSO) at Grand Valley State University (GVSU). While GVSU will always strive to provide diverse and engaging experiences through a multitude of student organizations, there are some cases where an RSO may voluntarily or involuntarily lose its registered status due to:
- Failure to complete the required annual renewal process on LakerLink
- A change in student organization policy administered by the Student Organization Review Board
- A sanction issued through GVSU’s Student Conduct Office
- General lack of student interest or involvement
- A desire to disassociate from GVSU
When an RSO is no longer registered / loses its registered status, understand that the organization:
- Is ineligible for the benefits and privileges that GVSU provides to RSOs
- Assumes all risk associated with any continued operation as an unaffiliated / disassociated organization
- Is ineligible to re-register as an RSO until the following fall semester
- Complete the Registered Student Organization Dissolution Notification form on LakerLink. This form requires an upload of a letter explaining the reason the group is dissolving, or the rationale for choosing to disassociate, and must be signed by both the RSO president and GVSU advisor.
- The request will be reviewed by the Assistant Director of Student Organizations and any other pertinent GVSU faculty, staff, or campus departments whom the decision to disassociate may affect
- Follow up steps, if applicable, may include:
- Payment of outstanding bills, invoices, fees, university sanctioned restitutions, etc.
- Removal of organization items stored in the Kirkhof Center and organization mail located in the Office of Student Life
- Return items funded by the Student Life Fund (via student Senate) to the Office of Student Life
After processing the dissolution notification form, the Office of Student Life will:
- Remove the organization from LakerLink
- Cancel all on-campus space reservations
- Revoke approved, unspent funds from the Student Life Fund and cancel pending funding requests
- Donate remaining on campus organization funds to the non-profit entity designated in the organization's constitution. This does not apply to off campus bank accounts