LAKERS TOGETHER: COVID vaccine required by September 30. Face coverings required indoors.
Starting a New Student Organization
If you would like to set up a LakerLink profile for your Campus Department, please contact Bri Slager in the Office of Student Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have one made!
What You Need
5 Executive Board Members
*Write down the GVSU email address of each officer before you begin*
Vice President / Risk Manager
Full Time Faculty/Staff Advisor
A Complete Constitution
Fill out template entirely
Dissolution Clause: Designate a non-profit organization to receive leftover funds if your organization dissolves
Cell Phone Numbers
Cell Phone Numbers for Each Officer
Cell phone numbers will be requested for each of the four Executive Officer positions, please have this information ready before you start the renewal process. Cell phone information will not be shared, and will only be used by The Office of Student Life for emergency situations or COVID-19 contact tracing purposes.
How to Register
- Log in to LakerLink
- Click on the grid in the top-right corner and change your view to "Manage"
- When the page re-directs, click "Register an Organization" on the right side of the page
- Finally, click the button that says "Register a New Organization" on the left side of the page
- Complete the registration form
**NOTE: Be cautious when entering in the email addresses of your Executive Board members. Spelling errors will delay your application**
What to do Now
- The Student Organization Review Board will meet to hear your organization's request at their next meeting.
- Keep an eye on your email and LakerLink notifications, as that is how we will contact you regarding questions and updates.
- If your organization is approved pending the completion of a requirement, you will have until the next S.O.R.B.
Have an idea for a new Student Organization?
Do you have an idea for a new student organization, but are struggling to find other interested students? Fill out the form below, and we will help you get started and can even connect you with students that want to start a similar club!
*Please note this is NOT the new student organization registration form. Please see above for new organization registration instructions.