Registration & Renewal
The registration and renewal process for student organizations is conducted on-line via OrgSync. Detailed instructions and information about the registration process is available on OrgSync HERE. The president of the organization is responsible for registering the organization and must provide the following information at the time of registration:
- Name of the organization (Cannot include "GVSU, Grand Valley, Lakers, GV, etc.")
- Organization statement of purpose
- Name of campus advisor, e-mail address of the advisor
- Names and e-mail addresses of the officers of the organization
- Request for access to an email account (if applicable)
- Self select the general category type for the organization to classify the type of organization (final organization classification will be determined by the Student Organization Review Board).
- The constitution of the organization
The organization constitution clarifies the operating procedures for student organizations and their officers. Students in leadership positions are responsible for knowing and abiding by various university policies and regulations. Personal information will be submitted from the members, the officers, and the advisor at the time of registration. Information provided will be accessible by staff administrators.
NOTE: Organizations that have not been registered in the past may register at any time during the regular academic year, but must complete the registration process in its' entirety within 30 days of submitting the request.
Every organization must renew at the beginning of each academic year. This allows organizations to update rosters and officer information. This process is completed online via OrgSync.
Each group must complete the required renewal process on OrgSync by the deadline date established for each academic year. It is recommended that organizations complete the renewal process as early as possible. Failure to renew by the deadline will result in loss of recognition and the loss of student organization privileges. Organizations that have failed to renew and have lost their RSO status will not be eligible to re-apply as an organization until the fall semester of the following academic year. Any organization that loses its registered status must be reviewed by the Student Organization Review Board prior to their return to campus.