Date of Last Update
Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution
Export Policy As PDF
The following behaviors contradict the values of the University community and are subject to action under the Statement.
UAOs may be held responsible for an alleged violation when one or more of the criteria below are met:
• one or more of its officers or authorized representatives acting
in the scope of their organizational capacities commit a
• one or more of its members commit a violation and the action that constitutes the violation was approved by majority vote of those members of the UAO present and voting,
• one or more members of a committee of the UAO commit a violation while acting in the scope of the committee’s assignment,
• a member of the UAO commits a violation while acting with apparent authority of the registered student or sponsored UAO,
• one or more members of the UAO or its officers permit, encourage, aid, or assist any of its members in committing a violation,
• one or more members of the UAO or its officers, under circumstances where such persons knew or should have known that an action constituting a violation was occurring or about to occur, fails to prevent that action, or
• one or more members of the UAO fail to report to appropriate University or civil authorities promptly their knowledge or any reasonable information about a violation.
5.1 Academic Misconduct
Academic misconduct is defined as any action or behavior that mispresents one’s contributions to or the results of any scholarly product submitted for credit, evaluation, or dissemination. The following behaviors contradict the values of the University community and are subject to action under the Statement.
5.2 General Conduct
General conduct is defined as acting consistently with the University values and refraining from acting in ways that harm others.
Restorative measures may be enhanced for any misconduct listed in Section 4 of the Statement that is determined to be motivated by behaviors defined by the Interim Policy Prohibiting Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation, and Sexual Misconduct SLT 9.1. This violation will be evaluated under current legal standards.
Section 6.0 - Conduct Process and Resolution Procedures outlines the procedures related to this policy.
For a summarized, visual overview of the University conduct process, please click here.